Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 10:04 AM

Re: Good morning Tuesday

buenas dias all. Some cloud about today but itīs very hot and very steamy. No major plans today, just a quick trip into San Miguel and maybe the boulevard later. I hope you all had a good bank holiday. Have a nice day all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 10:54 AM

Mornin' folks. Beautiful day, cloudless blue sky, warm sunshine and a gentle breeze - perfect.

Looks like you had a bit of a doggie party yesterday Barry.

Glad you are feeling able to gradually do a bit more now. I think you've done ever so well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes Meg I tried a new variety this year called Firestorm and we haven't been impressed, although they've not been a complete disaster and like you we distribute the surplus to the neighbours and family. Next year though I will go back to my all time favourite variety called Midnight, better the devil you know sometimes...
I always grow 'Aintree' Barry

http://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/run...4.html#reviews
...for flavour and it is a good cropper too. Everyone I have given them to says they taste like beans used to taste. They are sweet and tender
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes Meg I tried a new variety this year called Firestorm and we haven't been impressed, although they've not been a complete disaster and like you we distribute the surplus to the neighbours and family. Next year though I will go back to my all time favourite variety called Midnight, better the devil you know sometimes...

I agree Barry, I tried them a year or two ago and wouldn't buy them again. Not so many beans, shorter cropping time, and generally not so good.
I think Painted Lady used to be a nice one, but haven't grown it for a while.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top