Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 09:50 AM

Re: The Lottery

I am anti "induced fervour" where ever it raises it's head.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
That's a heck of a jackpot!
I hope it's shared amongst a few people.
If I remember correctly, the tax man gets 35% in the US?
Still would be a lot of money.
Dream on!
You have 2 options if you win. Opt for the total payment and get taxed about 45% or one can receive the prize spread out in a 20 year monthly payment. If one takes the yearly payment, you save in a jackpot of this kind about 150 miilion dollars. Despite the savings most winners go with the total payment.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Why assume the money would be badly spent just because it wasn't earned?
That is a very good question. According to what has been reported over the years, very few winner of the lottery have lived a happy life. Most have spent their money unwisely, gone bankrupt or have had been sued

Important point for living a happy and successful life with your lottery winnings is, first and foremost, get a good tax lawyer and above all, try to stay out of the spot light.Winner get haunted after winning by scrupulous speculators and all types of shady people that try to rip them off.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

09-01-2016, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
If I won (and I have bought a ticket for the first time in about 5 years), I would like a bungalow with a low maintenance garden. Other than that I would probably give most of it away.
Good choice, Alan and you are forgetting one very important point, a wine cellar
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:21 AM

Whatever the chances are, if you buy a line just for the fun of it...what fun you could have if you actually did win ! .

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:24 AM

Never bought a lottery ticket think they are a waste of money Rodolpho
No way would I part with £1 on the remote chance that I might win a lot of money.

'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush as they say' so I would rather spend my £1 on somthing tangible that I can enjoy.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

09-01-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Think ours today is over £50million and has to be won to night

So am having £6 worth.

First time for about 2 years am having ago on this rip off.
If your destiny is to win, you will win whether you buy one ticket or 5 tickets. One guy was homeless and won 50 million. Of course this guy's life turned into an absolute nightmare. Had no clue how to invest the money, got ripped off numerous times and went bankrupt in a short period if time. In a TV interview he said that winning the lottery was the worst thing that coulf of hapoen to him.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

09-01-2016, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don't do the lottery as you've more chance of going up to a stranger in the street and correctly guessing their telephone number!
Of course, you have to be in it to win it, so the other night I jotted down the numbers I would've chosen if I had done it. I got two!
The closest I have ever gotten was, out of a choice of 6 numbers, I got 4.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:30 AM

Out of interest, how much are the lottery tickets now and how much for the Euro lottery tickets?
eyes_of_a_painter
n

09-01-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Whatever the chances are, if you buy a line just for the fun of it...what fun you could have if you actually did win ! .

The picture you posted reminds me of a series on TV that reports the lives of some lottery winners, their lifestyle and how filthy rich they now are. The unjust of it all is, that despite all the money they have now, sone continue to play the lottery. Which proves that greed is alive and doing well in the life of some of these people.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top