Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 11:24 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Where was that picture taken Bob? It is truly beautiful.

It's muckle dreich here the morn' and chilly to go with it.

I've got the car idling on the driveway warming up so I can get out to get the newspapers and whitener for my coffee. Oh yes, and the coffee from Taylers of Harrogate arrived! I'm looking forward to trying that out, especially the very strong "Hot Lava Java" which is rated 6 on the strength scale. Should give me the caffeine kick I need.

I would advise anybody who owns a coffee maker to run it through with a tank of just water and no coffee every once in a while though because I did that with mine just half an hour ago and the water that dripped into the pot was like coffee despite there being no grounds in the filter. Just goes to show how much old stale coffee residue you are drinking when you brew a pot.

I do plan to upgrade my coffee maker soon though as just now I just have a cheap DeLonghi one which does the job but I'd one with a bigger pot and some more features then I'll designate the DeLonghi to the bedroom and set it up on the bedside cabinet for those lazy mornings where I can't be bothered getting out of bed for my coffee.

Oh the lazy bugger I am.

Anyway, the car will be warmed up now so I'd better get going.

Talk to you all later.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 12:02 PM

Morning All Sun is out here at the moment but it is cold. Hope the snow stays away - hate snow!

Lovely photos folk Love the reflections, Bob, reminds me of the Glencoe Lochan! Lucky you, Rox, to have been at the boat burning! Would love to go up there to see it. It is sometimes shown on telly - well a wee bit of it!!
Great clips as well, Bob. Thanks for sharing

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 12:05 PM

Good morning fellow members another miserable dark day. The snow has turned to icy rain and it is very cold.
I have to go out to buy birthday cards, wish I didn't need to.

Lots of housework to do , I have baby Hannah tomorrow so won't get anything done then.

Enjoy your day everyone and stay warm
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 12:09 PM

The butterfly was a visitor to our garden.

Sunny here today but the wind feels as if it's come from Siberia. Very warm out of the wind and very cold in it. I hope you don't get a lot of snow in UK.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 01:01 PM

We're back home after the airport run. No snow problems but slow moving traffic on the A14 added 3/4 hour to our journey down.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 01:08 PM

Good morning all, the Sun is shining but dark clouds are looming on the horizon, heavy rain approaches I fear. Good to have you back from you weeks pampering AB, I'm glad to hear you and the good Lady enjoyed enjoyed yourselves. Isn't Monday a lovely day when you don't have to go to work.
Enjoy the day folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 03:56 PM

Good afternoon all we are fortunate that the snow hasn't reached us yet but it's very cold here.

Went into town with my daughter this morning, not to buy anything special... just to have the morning together for a browse, cup of coffee and a natter.

Called in at the Health Centre on the way home and took the first of my required BP readings on their "DIY" BP machine. Does anyone know what a normal-ish reading should be?

Bob - it sounds like you had a great time at the Health Spa and what a nice way to start the year I think I need something like that

Enjoy the rest of your day folks ...keep warm!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 04:34 PM

OMG it's falling down on snow landing as well.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top