Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:59 AM

Re: Let us know how we did today.

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
What happens if you don't accept them - I just carry on regardless ..............
Probably nothing on most sites and the site will behave as it would anyway. Cookies are used to control menu choices along with other aspects of a site design (remembering your choice for instance).

Cookies are used in my business to ensure I get paid. What happens is a cookie is downloaded to a computer where it will reside and remain active for a certain number of days. This happens when a user has clicked on a certain cookie type link. Should a user have clicked on a link of mine the cookie will be set with my own affiliate details. I will then get dosh for any transaction that occurs on the site the link sent them too for as long as the cookie remains active. It works well for me and others.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 10:03 AM

@Mark - you shouldn't complain then .............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 10:03 AM

Mark, when I 'delete browsing history' which includes cookies, have I really got rid of them?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 10:05 AM

@Mark - you shouldn't complain then .............
Probably not come to think of it but it is just the silly need to warn people about them. They are there and that is that. The need to warn them messes with the site design and ruins it if you ask me and p****** people off.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2015, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mark, when I 'delete browsing history' which includes cookies, have I really got rid of them?
Probably. Deleting browsing history causes more problems that it is worth half the time. If you delete browsing history / cookies and whatnot you might have to re-enter all your remembered browser passwords. Not so good if later on you realise you have forgotten one or 2 .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 10:09 AM

I just ignore them Mark and still see items I've viewed, so makes no difference if you click or not .............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 10:09 AM

Thanks Mark. I always 'unclick' all those boxes which say "remember me on this computer," so none of my passwords are stored that way.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2015, 10:12 AM

I just ignore them Mark and still see items I've viewed, so makes no difference if you click or not .............
Accepting doesn't do anything (might on some sites: not sure) but it is just a legal requirement, an acceptance you have read the warning and accepted the cookies.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Probably. Deleting browsing history causes more problems that it is worth half the time. If you delete browsing history / cookies and whatnot you might have to re-enter all your remembered browser passwords. Not so good if later on you realise you have forgotten one or 2 .
If I don't delete mine Mark the 'cut and paste' function cease to work. It is possible with my browser to 'save' passwords so they are not deleted and I do this with everything but banking .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2015, 10:17 AM

Interesting to see that some are deleting their history and cookies. Will put me out of business if it becomes universal!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top