Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Re: Lonely Deaths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7npXJLQOU
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 06:58 PM

Very thought provoking.
His ex-wife Heather lives not far from me, she's a sculpture of driftwood horses & she wrote a book about him when he died.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7npXJLQOU
I still have that LP, OG....nothing to play it on though
One of those songs you drown your sorrows in as a teenager.

Dying alone, it happened to many and my parents. It still pains , as it is always a wonder if they were in pain and if so, for how long.
I would hate my family to find me in bed dead. Jumping around one day, dead the next. Sends chills down the spine.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 07:55 PM

I would love to go to bed and not wake up, frankly.
Perfect way to go in my book.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I'll agree with that Apricot.

It's a dead cert I'd be on my own when I slipped off, the only thing I worry about is how long my corpse will be there before anyone finds it
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 10:03 PM

Apparently I went to bed one night with a chesty cough and shortness of breath. I thought I had a heavy cold. In the morning he who must obey couldn't wake me at all.
I don't remember a single thing about the paramedics in the bedroom examining me, being taken downstairs and outside to the ambulance, the 18 mile blue light journey to Shrewsbury hospital, I just remember coming round with an oxygen mask on in the accident and emergency department. (turned out I had Pneumonia and Pulminory Embolisms) my oxygen level had gone through the floor whilst sleeping, rendering me unconscious.
He who must obey still insists on calling me a drama queen!!

Since that day I have often thought that when my time comes that is how I would wish to go. No pain, just go to sleep, not feel a thing, just leave peacefully.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Dont know about the others but George Michael died in bed during the night, doubt if anything could have been done for him.My own son died from heart failure during a night [ several years ago ] here in his own home, no one heard a thing, it just looked like he was sleeping. The same happened to the sons of two of my neighbours
Yeah, but the man was only 53. Same age as me. That's scary.

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
See, I'm the opposite opinion. I don't want to lie down at night and just never wake up (unless I do it intentionally). As scary as death may be, I want to know it's coming so I can say my goodbyes, plan my exit and be prepared for it. I can't imagine just dying not knowing it's going to happen.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top