Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 02:09 PM

Re: Some Observations.

I noticed 95 of women wear trousers the days of a nice skirt seem numbered.
Come on ladies show a leg, nothing nicer to us guys.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
When I collect my grandchildren from school, I often sit on a wall for 5 minutes as I am early, its then when I people watch and one thing stands out a mile for me is the number of mothers wheeling pushchairs with one hand and the other reading messages on the moblies, taking not a blind bit of notice what there child is saying to them or indeed as to where there walking!!!!!!!

It also makes you realise how many babies prams and pushchairs face out wards now and not towards the comfort of their mothers face.

Mind you as you say if Mums on the phone what difference does it make. Sad for the the little ones as it's a scary world when your tiny!
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
It also makes you realise how many babies prams and pushchairs face out wards now and not towards the comfort of their mothers face.

Mind you as you say if Mums on the phone what difference does it make. Sad for the the little ones as it's a scary world when your tiny!
Very true Solo, talking about pushchairs facing outwards away from there mothers, I remember when taking the grandchildren when they were still getting weighed, the Nurses used to remark when I walked in saying how good it was to see the pram/pushchair facing towards mum/grandma.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Very true Solo, talking about pushchairs facing outwards away from there mothers, I remember when taking the grandchildren when they were still getting weighed, the Nurses used to remark when I walked in saying how good it was to see the pram/pushchair facing towards mum/grandma.
I cant understand why prams are now being used that way where without hood protection baby gets everything in it's face. Car fumes, shopping bags wind and rain etc.

I asked one Mum and she said she didn't know how to alter it and her friend interrupted her phone call to say "Its too much trouble"

Say it all really
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 04:26 PM

Lots of good observations here! I people watch all the time, too, whenever I find a seat.

Yesterday when down my market a loud mouth mother was screaming at the top of her voice to her daughter about the fact 'she couldn't have an ice cream.' she also had a boy with her. When I drew alongside the family at the crossing, mother was eating a doughnut from a 'bag of 5.'

Later, further down the market I saw her again, waiting outside a shop for her children to catch up, and I think she was on her third doughnut! No sign of any of the children having had any.

And yet again, later, when waiting at a bus stop I heard a commotion on the other side of the road, someone saying 'see, everyone's looking at me!' Guess who?!

I think the family should be living in Jaywick (TV docu, Jaywick: Benefits by the sea)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 04:28 PM

I don't go anywhere to observe anything much but sheep these days .
I did notice two having a fight this morning and head butting each other like goats
Wildlife is so much more entertaining that human beings ....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I noticed 95 of women wear trousers the days of a nice skirt seem numbered.
Come on ladies show a leg, nothing nicer to us guys.
Sorry Wrinkly, but I dress for my own comfort, and I couldn't care less if someone wants to ogle legs...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't go anywhere to observe anything much but sheep these days .
I did notice two having a fight this morning and head butting each other like goats
Wildlife is so much more entertaining that human beings ....
Totally agree with your last statement, Meg!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 04:55 PM

deleted - messed up.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 04:56 PM

Good point about the mobile phones, what did young females do without them.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top