Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 10:57 PM

Re: But, but how's that my fault ?

Originally Posted by fender ->
It's just men Julie - we're nearly as bad as you lot!......

NEARLY as bad?

Pffft . . . .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 11:14 PM

I asked my HA to change my door locks because of locking when they shut. I think it's dangerous. My eldest left her baby in the house to go into the garden and the door blew shut, she had to get the man nextdoor to break in.
My car's annoying, it locks itself after a few seconds, I have to make sure I put the key in my pocket when loading and unloading the boot, that would be dangerous too if you had a child or dog in the car.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 11:41 PM

Tess, I had a small keysafe fitted, so if ever I did lock myself out of the house I could get back in.
Also, if I was taken ill, my son knows the code number to get in to me.

I am surprised your car locks that quickly, it seems excessively quick to me. I wonder if the garage could adjust something for you?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 11:41 PM

But you said you were desperate for the loo!
So, come on, confess, you had to wee in the garden didn't you??!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-05-2017, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
But you said you were desperate for the loo!
So, come on, confess, you had to wee in the garden didn't you??!!

Who? Me?
I take it that was addressed to Julie.

I think I might start a new thread on that ruthio - "have you ever been taken short and had to 'go' outside?
Another thing that's easier for men!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Who? Me?
I take it that was addressed to Julie.

I think I might start a new thread on that ruthio - "have you ever been taken short and had to 'go' outside?
Another thing that's easier for men!
Yes course it was a question for Julie!
It was almost the first thing she said...I had to have a wee in the garden once when I was desperate!!
When you've gotta go you've gotta go!!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 05:23 AM

I can't remember ever being taken short, but I was with a pal the other day who peed her pants laughing, it was so funny

Actually I once locked myself out and my little boy was in the house, I eventually got in with the kind help of a neighbour. I was frantic, little fella had taken himself off to bed for a nap... Very unconcerned by the whole episode
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 06:43 AM

You'll both get over it I'm sure ..but as regards front door locks, it wouldn't happen to us. It has happened though and so we now have a front door that doesn't lock if it slams shut. It has to have a key put in and turned to lock/unlock it from the outside and the inside.

We have always opted for that kind of lock in any new door we have had in the houses we've lived in and have even had a new door (where the lock couldn't be converted) to get rid of the 'slam shut and it's locked' type.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
NEARLY as bad?

Pffft . . . .
Hi

Nothing worse than the lady of the house picking a new colour for the walls and then when it is finished, after hours of hard work, it is the wrong shade.

The man of the house then has to suffer a major strop and redo the painting.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nothing worse than the lady of the house picking a new colour for the walls and then when it is finished, after hours of hard work, it is the wrong shade.

The man of the house then has to suffer a major strop and redo the painting.
Actually swims some of us females do our own decorating, I know because I'm one of them for that reason I make sure the colour is right first time

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top