Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

18-05-2012, 07:58 AM

Re: Stupid Baby names, whats the worst you've heard?

I think some of the names daft celebs call their kids are pretty awful 'Fifi Trixibell' and 'Peaches' are pretty far out!

Our birth children have French names to reflect my ancestry. Our Grandchildren don't have run of the mill names, but they aren't outlandish either.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
The so called famous people who name their children Brooklyn, Cruz etc are not full shillings IMO

There is a woman who lives near my Daughter and her daughters name is Penelope but she calls her daughter 'Thing ', it is come here 'thing', dont do that 'thing' be quiet 'thing'

Why do people have children and call them oddball names.

There's nowt wrong with Tom, Dick and Harry or even Molly, Dolly or Polly type names.
Good god , and i thought i`d heard it all .
Lets just hope she does not have anymore , else she may call it ANOTHER .

and we cant be having : one Thing and Another .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2012, 08:55 AM

A relative called their son Richard William, sounds all right till the kids get hold of it. Dicky Willy.
Now Pax is a nice name, it means peace or a kiss of truce.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2012, 09:14 AM

I love older names ,my granddaughter Libby who is 4 has Minnie ,Molly ,Polly ,Lizzie and Martha in her class,much nicer than the chav names I think .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 01:40 AM

I don't particularly like old-fashioned names either, although mine is, but was modern in the day and has come back in fashion. My dad's name was Matthew, which again is back in fashion with a vengeance!

I like good old masculine names like Robert, James, George, David, etc, but, the names I would have picked for my children, had I been lucky enough to have had any, would have been for a boy, either Robert or Tom, or for a girl, Sophia or Grace.

I do shudder at the thought of some of these celebrity children with names such as Zowie Bowie! It's just not fair at all.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

19-05-2012, 09:10 AM

Some of what I would describe as 'old fashioned names are making a come back, some aren't too bad, but I feel sorry for kids lumbered with Sidney, Stanley, Ethel, Ella, Elsie.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 09:37 AM

I hate the made up names like 'Jodene' 'Brianna' that kind of thing ..
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 07:08 PM

I remember my grandmother saying how old fashioned Louise and Caroline were as names
Not sure why parents pick these daft names maybe they think it will make them stand out.
We knew a Roy Rogers and a Rose Rose and lastly ....Daisy Chain (Rose and Daisy married into these names)
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 07:50 PM

I was on a course and later worked for the same company with Dave Crockett.

At school I was with a boy called A. Bell. The RI master kept calling him for a taste of his brother, cane.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 08:48 PM

We used to have a security man in one of the jewellers I worked in, Paddy Locke was his name, everybody called him Padlock, I swear to God.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top