Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 04:37 PM

Re: My flabber was well and truly gasted!

I've had my iPad since they were released back in 2010. My granddaughter, who was just over 10 at the time, loved it and was always using it when she visited. She decided then that she would like one of her own so my daughter told her she would have to save up her pocket money for it herself. She saved all her birthday and Christmas money and bought her own iPad a couple of months ago (she's now 12+). She is now better on it than I am!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 06:33 PM

My admiration goes to your grandaughter's parents Mags. My eldest grandchildren have to do chores for their pocket money..my grandson having a heart problem gets 'light duties' ..but he still has to work.
I bet you (and her) are chuffed that she bought it herself
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 06:48 PM

Later this year we might witness 'Star Trek' style communications?

Apparently they have solved the problems associated with wrap around screens.

The new multi-function communication unit will clip on to our wrist.

Wrist watches could be out of fashion very quickly if this takes off?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

07-01-2013, 06:52 PM

My grandchildren have had access to computers, ipads etc from a very early age, but no they haven't been permitted to take them outside the home.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top