Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 10:31 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Morning everyone, nice and bright here, Sun is trying to come out
Im going into Town,need a few things, and do some window shopping lol..
Have a good day all..
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 10:37 AM

I read out your comment Geoff - "Jan please note" - Wal said, they must be testing it! He laughed his head off.

I think you are both horrid.
I'm in making his coffee, I'm going to put salt in it!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 12:44 PM

Hello everyone a beautiful sunny day here, pleasantly warm too.

Alan, I had an exhilerating ride in one of those toboggans a few years ago The man wearing the straw boater stands on the back of the toboggan and guides it down the steep hill at quite a speed. If you go to Madeira, a toboggan ride is a must!

Meg, sorry to hear your grandson has suspected scarlet fever, I hope the two girls stay clear.

Enjoy your day all.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hello everyone a beautiful sunny day here, pleasantly warm too.

Alan, I had an exhilerating ride in one of those toboggans a few years ago The man wearing the straw boater stands on the back of the toboggan and guides it down the steep hill at quite a speed. If you go to Madeira, a toboggan ride is a must!:lol

Enjoy your day all.
I did go to Madeira Mags, twice, it was me who took the photo. However I didn't take a ride on the toboggan, instead we went round the gardens near there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I read out your comment Geoff - "Jan please note" - Wal said, they must be testing it! He laughed his head off.

I think you are both horrid.
I'm in making his coffee, I'm going to put salt in it!
A slight misunderstanding Jan darlin' - my previous comment "Jan please note" was in response to the the other Jan (Jazzi's) comments. I should have copied her response when adding my own - my apologies Jan darlin'
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 01:35 PM

Thank you Janet,Janela,Shirley and Mags
Apparently it is chicken pox .

Oh well at least it will get it out of the way before the twins start school at the end of this month .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I did go to Madeira Mags, twice, it was me who took the photo. However I didn't take a ride on the toboggan, instead we went round the gardens near there.
Yes you mentioned previously that you had visited the island, Alan ... also you mentioned then that you didn't take the toboggan ride, I was just describing the actual ride for those who haven't been on it
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 04:17 PM

Afternoon all.

Alan and all, have you been in a Taboggan Ride, its great fun, we went on one when we went to Maderia many years ago.

Have been busy this morning, went to my Mum's early, cleaned out her flat, took her for lunch, then came back home, had a bath, then went off to the Hospital for a MRI Scan on my back, under the whole long tunnel, the noise was terrible it was deafening me, even though I had ear phones and music on, its was louder then that, spent 40 mins. in there. Home now and cooked Thai Chicken Curry and Noodles.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes you mentioned previously that you had visited the island, Alan ... also you mentioned then that you didn't take the toboggan ride, I was just describing the actual ride for those who haven't been on it
Sorry Mags, I thought that your line "If you go to Madeira a toboggan ride is a must" was directed at me. I must have put that photo on previously. I'll have to take some more holidays so I have something new to post.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 06:43 PM

Wot am I taking note of UJ? The weather? Ended up having a few hours in London, taking a gentle walk along the Thames path. Stopped every now and then to make a cup of coffee, then eventually caught a bus to Liverpool Street for a train home.

It was quite glorious out in the warm. Took off my shirt, put it in my trolley (in which I shove everything, included my fleece and a coat I didn't even wear), and had to walk back cos it had fallen out! Eeek. But someone had picked it up and put it on the rails right by the water. I was lucky.

Pork and cider casserole was cooking away to itself (in slow cooker), and after a few cups of tea - much needed - and while I was busy doing committee stuff (meeting tonight), cooked potatoes, carrots and broad beans. Meat turned out nicely today.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top