Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 01:09 PM

Re: Timekeeping

We always arrive early and like Alan, especially when travelling to an airport. Any appointment I always try to arrive at least 10 minutes before the set time ..... it gives me time to get my breath back!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 02:59 PM

I can never be late and am invariably early and waiting for other people .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:54 PM

I wouldn't say I was always early but If I'm late it's never through my own fault and there's always a good reason for it.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 08:25 PM

I'm always early, can't stand being late for an appointment even if I know the other person is going to keep me waiting.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I find myself in a minority now Alice as I'm one of the very few that still believes it's polite to by punctual, especially where I work!
I'd say 30% of the staff arrive for their shift late, extend their breaks substantially and leave anything up to 20 minutes early.
The smokers still spend an average of 15 minutes per fag, up to 5 times per shift by my reckoning, smoking and chatting outside and, now that mobile 'phones have been banned indoors, more staff are going outside during working hours to make those all-important calls; you hear them asking questions like "What ya doing now?" or "Awful weather here - how about you?"

We even have a contractor in one day per week and his hours are 08:30 until 11:00 but he never get here before 08:50.

My hours are 08:00 until 15:30 4 days per week and I'm usually in by 7:45 and sometimes have to work past my time as even my manager sneaks off early! stevmk2
this is because you have bad management.............lead by example, and do as I say, not as you want.............i know from experience that you just have to pull one up. and the rest will fall in line.............i allow phones. but as soon as they abuse it. i put them on the naughty step. and ban all phones by everyone.......as you can imagine. they normally tow the line..............i tell my guys when I come in and when I go home.......my diary is open for all to see......my door is always open.............i do not under any circumstances condone tardiness or uncleanliness........my smokers take their smoke breaks from the normal break time........i am tough. and would never tell anyone to do something I would not do myself...............i may come across as a hard task master...............but I am a very very good boss...........back you to the hilt. and take the blame........thats because it's my job.........HTB
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 09:15 PM

I would rather be half an hour early than half a minute late. It really annoys me when people do not turn up on time.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 09:19 PM

I hate being late but there are occasions when it is unavoidable.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:02 PM

I am one of those who has friends? who are seldom on time-it really annoys me. It makes me feel as though my friendship is taken for granted.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:51 PM

Well all you lot are too good to be true .
I usually allow plenty of time, but what annoys me is, at the last minute something always happens to put me behind, like the phone rings, or I can't find my purse, or glasses, etc.
Then, when I try to put my foot down to avoid being late, I get stuck behind a learner driver, a tractor, or some old biddy driving at 18 mph, like I did this very morning! Mostly I manage to get there on time, but usually only by the skin of my teeth!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 12:31 AM

I'm another who cannot stand being late and will usually be a bit early. Barring the times such as Mups says above about getting stuck behind a tractor or something. But I have had to learn 'Irish time' all over again as it's a different clock used here

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top