Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:43 PM

Re: Since when have mattresses become so heavy?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Bet his ears are burning.
Or flapping

Sorry Floydysaurus if you're reading this.... it's all about strong muscles needed
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Strange ... I think mattresses are lighter now.

Mind you, I've got memory foam. Wasn't keen on it at first until I broke it in (which took years). I felt like I was lying on a slab like a sacrificial altar.

Must be your powerful snout that helps Mort.

I can see you now, snout under one edge, then one powerful 'flip' and hey presto - job done..
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:47 PM

The ceiling light shade swings when I fling my mattress around Mups. I always hit it.
I must have big biceps or something.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Strange ... I think mattresses are lighter now.

Mind you, I've got memory foam. Wasn't keen on it at first until I broke it in (which took years). I felt like I was lying on a slab like a sacrificial altar.

Mine ain't, that's for sure. Funnily, in the shop I lifted it by the handles a couple of inches or so, fine.
Lifting it up a couple of inches feels nothing like trying to lift to turn or lift to flip or even get it off the bed to sort the valance out.
It's a bummer

But on a brighter note, maybe I'm in a weak mood today and I'll be stronger tomorrow
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:50 PM

The ceiling light shade swings when I fling my mattress around Mups. I always hit it.
I must have big biceps or something.

Amazing! Don't get too carried away though incase it flies out the window.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Mine ain't, that's for sure. Funnily, in the shop I lifted it by the handles a couple of inches or so, fine.
Lifting it up a couple of inches feels nothing like trying to lift to turn or lift to flip or even get it off the bed to sort the valance out.
It's a bummer

But on a brighter note, maybe I'm in a weak mood today and I'll be stronger tomorrow
Mine is heavy too, but it came with the bed and the instructions were that you shouldn't turn it, just swivel it so the bottom is sometimes at the top. That has worked fine for me.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

03-09-2018, 01:54 PM

I had an elderly friend, sadly no longer with us. I used to flip her mattress for her. She had a bit of a thing for turning and flipping mattresses too.

There's nothing quite so satisfying standing with your legs firm, bum tight, arms ready getting ready to flip it. After 3...pull forward and up and over... slam!

Good workout

edited
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-09-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mine is heavy too, but it came with the bed and the instructions were that you shouldn't turn it, just swivel it so the bottom is sometimes at the top. That has worked fine for me.

Mine's the same Twink.
Glad about that, as not sure I could turn the whole thing right over now.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

03-09-2018, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Yes, my last one was like that Twink. Heavy enough to manage - not like this one though.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:57 PM

I think mattresses have got heavier and thicker. I like a firm mattress, my husband insists on turning our mattresses round and over each time I change the beds, which I think is a little OTT.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top