Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 06:28 PM

Re: Not a single Gray hair.

I always wanted grey hair.
Mum went grey quite early and I don't think I remember her with black hair, so I was ever hopeful ... but I can't think why, unless it was the idea that I could then dye it any colour I fancied !
Anyhow, I was enjoying my grey bits until last year when they started to look messy. I tried some semi permanent dyes to begin with and before Xmas used a permanent one.

It's now a mid/dark brown with the occasional dark gold strand where the colour has faded.

I really like it ... so there

I buy my dyes from Poundland
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 06:36 PM

Sorry chaps, I really hate to see men with dyed hair, it sends a message to me that they are vain .

Apparently 'grey is the new blond ' for women or so my hairdresser tells me. I have had silver hair for many years
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 12:28 AM

I always had dark auburn hair but as I got older it gradualy got lighter until in the end I began to dye it darker again. About two years ago I realised my scalp was feeling quite tender and stopped using the dyes and it cleared up. Now it is really almost all white. The back just a very light sandy tinge. When we went to visit our family interstate last year my then 8yr old grand daughter said. "Nanny you have had your hair dyed. It looks really lovely" That was enough to convince me ..no more dyes.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

11-04-2013, 08:49 AM

My hair still has much more of its natural colour than grey hairs. I am happy to go grey gracefully and certainly wouldn't dye it.
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 08:55 AM

It's not called grey any more its "arctic blonde" that sounds much more trendy.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

11-04-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by fitou143 ->
It's not called grey any more its "arctic blonde" that sounds much more trendy.
I prefer grey, I never wished to be trendy, just me.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 09:26 AM

Baby sis in law had wonderful thick, shiny, dark brown, almost black hair and when she started going grey it looked distinguished. At last, as there was so much white, she decided to go blond and that suited her too.

She's recently reverted to 'natural' and by all accounts it's a fabulous silver. She says people comment on it.
I've not seen it yet but wonder if it's like Meryl Streep in 'The Devil Wears Prada' ! or Helen Mirren
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 09:31 AM

I like 'arctic blonde' .....
Silver hair is lovely, with the 'right' hairstyle
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 09:55 AM

I've never had any desire to die my hair and started out very dark brown. I'm now a bit of salt and pepper, increasingly salt though!
What amazes me is how many people do dye their hair, even when resources are limited. I would find other things that I preferred to spend my pennies on, but then that's just my opinion. I never used make-up either, so I guess I'm a bit of a "natural" freak...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

11-04-2013, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I've never had any desire to die my hair and started out very dark brown. I'm now a bit of salt and pepper, increasingly salt though!
What amazes me is how many people do dye their hair, even when resources are limited. I would find other things that I preferred to spend my pennies on, but then that's just my opinion. I never used make-up either, so I guess I'm a bit of a "natural" freak...
I did dye my hair when I was much younger, but when I realised it didn't do it any good I stopped. I have never liked the feel of makeup on my face and only use it very rarely. I don't like dressing up either; as long as my clothes are clean, comfortable and tidy that is all that concerns me. I try to avoid situations where I have to dress up.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top