Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Re: 10th Anniversary of 24 hour drinking

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Here hear hear Solo, I second all of your emotions.
And please don't talk to me about so called crime figures.
Have you tried to report a crime lately?
Try and find a police station for a start to report a crime, and most people nowadays don't even bother.
Even when the drunken scum have caused bother, and after getting out of a and e, either the police don't record it, or the courts hand out stupid light sentences.

Try living very near either a pub or club Ripple and I reckon you would change your mind on that.
Gosh! Am I glad I got that off my chest or what?
Bobbing up and down on my IPad or not!
I'm not saying crime is acepetable !
But I'm glad you got that off your chest .
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
A pub closed in our village too, the blame was said to be the availability of cheap supermarket drink
At least I can get drunk at home on the cheap, and kick the cat, instead of someone's flipping head in Ripple!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:58 AM

Our town centre is a no go area at weekends for anyone over 25 and we are only a small Market Town.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:01 PM

I'm not saying crime is acepetable !
But I'm glad you got that off your chest .
And I wasn't trying to say that you were trying to say that crime is acceptable Ripple.
Please don't be confused!
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Hi Rip

There are other aspects to those figures as well. Several years of difficult economic years will certainly have played a part, also people are getting zipped on the cheap in their own homes on cheap supermarket swill, and that's the reason why they're not getting arrested as much in the streets anymore, but many still end up in A & E.
Exactly people are drinking more at home than ever before and not taking advantage of the 24 hour pub opening times and that reflected inthe lower crime figures . Forcing more clubs and pubs to close.
Ripple

24-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
At least I can get drunk at home on the cheap, and kick the cat, instead of someone's flipping head in Ripple!

PS...

It is really hard getting the right spelling for your name Ripple on this ere IPud.
Just one mistake and I am stuffed!
Norty
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:10 PM

24 hour drinking 10 years to the day .
Has the 24 hr pub opening affected you?
I've never noticed, it's made no difference to me ... The local pubs stay open for an extra hour on the weekend.
All the moral out pourings 10 years ago of drink related crimes would go through the roof proved to be untrue !
I haven't noticed a difference here either Ripple I expect it depends where you live.

There are two pubs not far away, both do food and close about 11pm, they are not 'drinking houses'.

For many pubs out in the countryside it isn't worth their while to stay open with staff/heat/lighting costs for just a couple of people in the bar.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-11-2015, 12:41 PM

Norty
I agree Ripple.
I have deleted my comment there as inappropriate for your thread.
Sorry.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:17 PM

It has made a difference in that pubs have closed but supermarkets sell alcohol now all day and all night, so we now have more very young drinkers (underage) and drinking at home, so I believe there is more violence at home from the local statistics I have seen. At least when there were limited hours supermarkets could sell the wife/husband beating was more contained to evenings now it's common all day.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:41 PM

I remember a few years ago when the Irish pubs went none smoking, there were various reports stating that domestic violence increased rapidly as people began drinking more at home. Pubs here are sometimes still open at 1 or 2 a.m. during the summer months but there are rarely very few people in them at that time. No music after midnight unless a special licence is obtained, thank goodness, sometimes it used to be horrendous, the noise from bars which are a good 15 minute walk away. Even here the majority of local people buy their drink at a supermarket, a litre bottle of beer retails at anything from 59 cents to 1.39 cents.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top