Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 07:44 PM

Re: Human touch

[QUOTE=Patsy;541274]I'm a huggy, kissy person but only with me darlin'
Oh of course Patsy, aint we all with our nearest and dearest, but you get the type of huggy kissy who does it with every Tom Dick and Harry, the Italian in laws of my son are past masters at it, I just stand there stiff as a pillar in amazement at it all, my sister in law from London is another one, God love her she's a natural huggy kissy, but then so was her late father, he was Russian, a big fella and he would sweep me up in his arms and start kissing the jaws off me when I got off at Euston station, excruciatingly embarrassing.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 08:24 PM

Family and close friends of long standing I'm huggy and kissy with but anyone else I'm a bit more 'arms length with.
Would never feel happy hugging or kissing anyone newly introduced - the French can have that pleasure!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 12:58 AM

[QUOTE=Jem;541425]
Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm a huggy, kissy person but only with me darlin'
Oh of course Patsy, aint we all with our nearest and dearest, but you get the type of huggy kissy who does it with every Tom Dick and Harry, the Italian in laws of my son are past masters at it, I just stand there stiff as a pillar in amazement at it all, my sister in law from London is another one, God love her she's a natural huggy kissy, but then so was her late father, he was Russian, a big fella and he would sweep me up in his arms and start kissing the jaws off me when I got off at Euston station, excruciatingly embarrassing.
God love ya Jem - me face was not a happy one as I've had to get up instead of dreaming the hours away and then I see yer post and I've a big smile and a giggle see
Ah - the Italians, so tactile aren't they
Stiff as a pillar I picture the scene - with no problem
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 04:44 AM

A nod if your lucky, had a female friend who was the huggy type, never felt comfortable with it. was not the done thing in my family, am i repressed
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
A nod if your lucky, had a female friend who was the huggy type, never felt comfortable with it. was not the done thing in my family, am i repressed :(
Nom I think how we feel as an adult is connected to our childhood . Having never known a mother I don't recall being hugged by anyone as a child and have always felt 'difficult' about being touched until I had a child of my own
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Nom I think how we feel as an adult is connected to our childhood . Having never known a mother I don't recall being hugged by anyone as a child and have always felt 'difficult' about being touched until I had a child of my own
Strange thing that Meg - heard people say this before - I'm the opposite, no love - yet had the opposite affect ......
Having a child should rectify the past - sadly not always the case ......
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 01:33 PM

Hugs and kisses for family and close friends only.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 02:51 PM

Ah - the Italians, so tactile aren't they

Lol. I once spoke reasonable Italian and have been there several times. One thing that always interested me about Italian males say 16-21 was that they assumed any female was fair game but that mama was a virgin
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 12:00 AM

I'll hug people I know but not really people i don't know unless it was a meeting like described above but living in Ontario, I'll never get the chance to meet you all so hugs from very far away (sorry I can't do the hug emoticon)
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Strangely Meg my sister turned out the polar opposite to me, gregarious and much warmer in nature, so i wonder could it be a male / female thing.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top