Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 03:42 PM

Re: Happy Shopper.

Tesco is my supermarket of choice; I get all my groceries etc from there.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 03:51 PM

Hubby gets some of the solar lights from Poundland, there is quite a good selection of the animal ones and they are so bright. We have had some of them in the garden for years and when they stop working, some can be hidden around the plants or just throw away and replace.

I think as people have said you need to be canny with your buys as you can get things cheaper elsewhere.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Now I was never a happy shopper in my earlier years I always tended to say to the missus get me a pair of jeans or a certain shirt and other bits and bobs. At Christmas, mothers day or birthdays I would say to my daughter here's the money go and get your mum some presents for whatever event was coming up. My daughter would love it because she always kept the change.lol

I would leave the kids present buying to the wife just open my wallet and say take whatever you need. But over the past 5yrs I have started to buy things online mainly because I have time on my hands these days where as before there was always something to be done. I am surprised how easy and how quick things can be ordered and delivered. But best of all on good days I can now venture out into the town and go into Poundland.

I love the shop so much, and everything in there and so cheap.

At first I was reserved when I saw one of these shops open in the shopping centre, I would say to the missus on one of my rare shopping days," its all cheap stuff made in China or some far off place and will fall to pieces as soon as you get it home" and I was proved right on many occasions. But this new Poundland in Pitsea is great so easy for parking which is a great advantage to me having problems walking distances and they also sell so many products I load myself up with loads of various Cadburys chocolates, I buy so much stuff from there I can buy tools and colouring books for the children I even bought two pairs of reading glass's from there last week one for the car and one for my workshop. I have a tendency to mislay my proper pairs and sometimes when measuring or just small stuff I can grab these and they are as clear as the expensive ones. You know I even buy my sliced meats from there now they even sell small dish's of black pudding sausages and burgers that does me for 2 breakfasts.

I am like a kid in a toy shop when I go in there.

I make it a point to go in at least once a week.

I buy all my garden ornaments and even pre-packed soil from there. I tell all my neighbours, lol. My bargain of the year so far is packs of potting soil. They are dried all the moisture sucked out and the blocks stack nicely on my shelf. When I need one I open the pack and just had 3 litres of water and there you have a bag of 10ltrs of soil to put your plants in, £1 in Poundland, 3.95 + delivery online. The ornaments I feel like emptying the shelves and opening a stall in the local market and selling them for 3 times the price they are so good I would probably make a nice profit. Perhaps open a FB page and sell them there.

Sounds like a great shop Longfellow, but it would cost me a fortune driving to Essex.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 05:16 PM

I love £ shop/Poundland/
but you have to be aware that a lot of items especially food has been lowered in weight so they can still charge a £1.
the toiletries section is brilliant.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:01 PM

I like to go into pound land, pick up an item and ask the cashier " how much is this'?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 07:14 PM

I don't think Poundland is so good as it was a few years ago. Most things are, the money.
I like Home Bargains but there isn't one local to me. When l go there l stock up with mealworms as a treat for my hen's, they love them. They are only £1 for a bag.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top