Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 08:07 PM

Re: Police

The only time I ever needed a police officer was when my new car got stolen last year. Can't complain about the length of time they took to get here. It was within a couple of hours of reporting it.

I am biased as one of my sons is a police officer
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 01:59 AM

I can't even remember the last time I saw a policeman/woman!
And I want to keep it that way!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 02:08 AM

I have a good relationship with my local police officers, I've had to call them twice as an emergency after being threatened by my neighbour who is a thug!, they came to my home,reassured me they would sort him out and they did, he's a bully and doesn't respect women, I'm currently searching for a property that meets my needs away from this area where I'll feel safe and secure
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 09:43 AM

One of my nephews is a Policeman. He is a good lad.
We get quite a lot of the Community Police walking around here.
Been to the rented house next door to me quite a few times and
are very likeable to talk to.
I like the programme called Rookie Blue, that's based on the
Toronto Police Autumn. Have you seen it?
I think you will find a bad apple in all professions. Unfortunately
when it happens in people who are there to uphold the law and look
after the masses it stands out in such a bad way.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 11:13 AM

I have mixed views; I once dialed 999 to report an intruder and waited 40 minutes by which time he had scarpered -not impressed.

The WPC who rang my doorbell in the very early hours to tell me my wife had passed away was wonderful. She was almost as shaken as I was-it was her first time and she confessed that no amount of training prepares you for this.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 12:17 PM

No I haven't seen Rookie Blue BowieEyes. In fact I'd never even heard of it, lol.
We cancelled our satellite TV service years ago.

Honey, that's just terrible. I hope you find a safe place soon!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
One of my nephews is a Policeman. He is a good lad.
We get quite a lot of the Community Police walking around here.
Been to the rented house next door to me quite a few times and
are very likeable to talk to.

I think you will find a bad apple in all professions. Unfortunately
My son-in-law is a detective and I don't tar all Police personnel with the same brush either...as you say there are some 'bad apples' in other professions too.

We too have a Community Police presence and a small police station in our village.

I have a very real personal reason to hate 'the police'..but it was really down to just one WPC and not the force as a whole.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 01:13 PM

My 4 year old grandson being 'arrested' by a community policeman at a local village fete

..my DIL took the twins to chat with the community policeman so they would learn to feel comfortable with the police.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 01:52 PM

I've rarely seen the police here. Maybe a patrol car drives through the village once a year. Fortunately there is very little crime in the local area.

When I was a student at Queens university Belfast in the 60's, I developed a real loathing for the 'police' there. Little better than an armed gang of paramilitary thugs and bullies who loved to throw their weight around.
I don't know if they have changed much since then, though what little I've heard suggests not.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 02:32 PM

Where we lived in England we had police as neighbours, their garden backed onto ours. They were the most horrendous couple you could come across. He was "supposedly" a dog handler, a huge kennel thing was erected in the garden, the dog kept breaking out, people kept having to ring the police station to contact the handler, who never answered his phone. The reason people had to ring the station was because the dog was savage and cornered people trying to leave their houses. The wife was also a policewoman and she was completely crazy, she once went to all the houses in the cul de sac demanding to know who used pink toilet paper as their drains were blocked ! The dog killed two other dogs, one belonging to another policeman neighbour, that of course was hushed up, it then attacked our next door neighbourīs little poodle, breaking itīs back, this whilst the policeman had the dog on a lead, I kid you not. Many complaints later the dog was removed, then we had to put up with this policeman and his wife winding down their car windows and making barking and howling noises everytime they drove past anyone who was outside in their garden.
If anyone had a barbeque then you could be assured they would drive up and down the road all night hoping to catch someone leaving who had been drinking. They were a thoroughly vile couple. I was told that after we left he was given another dog and the trouble began again.

Another incident occurred when my son was home on sick leave from the Army, he was on crutches and he and Mr Clumsy were walking down the back lane where we lived, the lane passes a childrens playground and a park. Suddenly a bullet whizzed past them and they saw 2 boys around 16/17 with air rifles so my son shouted to them to stop firing the guns. The boys simply gave some foul language and pointed the guns at my son. My son walked up to them and took the guns from them, Mr Clumsy ran home to phone the police. Can you believe he was told "we have nobody to send, give them the guns back and come to the station to make a statement!"

Mr Clumsy told them "fine, you want to have some child or pet injured, your problem". My son gave them back the guns, a few people had gathered by now, most of them knew who the boys were. The police actually turned up at our house almost a week later and wanted a statement from my son. I told them he was back in hospital in Northern Ireland, the idiot policeman actually asked me to ring him and tell him to come back and make a statement ! I told him to ring my sonīs commanding officer, I couldnīt believe what I was hearing. No wonder Derbyshire police couldnīt get a certificate of competence. The police who came to our house actually tried to blame us, saying if my son didnīt make a statement they wouldnīt be able to prosecute the 2 boys. I told them to take the matter up with the army as I was not in charge of army rules and regulations. I sincerely hope there are better characters in the police these days than the ones I have come across.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top