Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 07:14 PM

Re: Hurricane Rachel

What annoys me about windy weather is there's always a can rattling around on the ground!! Invariably it's late at night, cold, wet and horrible and not ideal for going out to catch it and lob it into one of the bins, where it belongs.

It's usually in our car pack, which my bedroom faces (GF and end of the block) so I get it the most.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
What annoys me about windy weather is there's always a can rattling around on the ground!! Invariably it's late at night, cold, wet and horrible and not ideal for going out to catch it and lob it into one of the bins, where it belongs.

It's usually in our car pack, which my bedroom faces (GF and end of the block) so I get it the most.
Bloomin' annoying- we had one last week on recycling day, wouldn't mind but we keep our bins in the garage and didn't put ours out as the wind was so bad but we finished up with someone else's rattling round
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Fierce winds howling around the house as I type, many lines and trees down all over the country but the West of Ireland seems to be getting the worst of it. It’s supposed to die down later, I hope you are all safe and secure folks. How is it were you are?
It's finally easing off here, but as usual I had it straight off the Atlantic. Amazingly, for once the power did not go out! I confess that on days like today I think seriously about moving sooner rather than later...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
It's finally easing off here, but as usual I had it straight off the Atlantic. Amazingly, for once the power did not go out! I confess that on days like today I think seriously about moving sooner rather than later...
I'm glad you're alright Ania, I was thinking about you when they said it was bad on the West side. The engineers down there must be getting better at the job.
Hang in there, in another five weeks you'll be out tending your garden again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 11:19 PM

Have they said its officially a hurricane now Jem? It was blowing bad here last night and its bad again tonight again. I wonder how many wheelie bins will still be there in the morning. .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 11:48 AM

It was really bad here last night. My garage door made a bid for freedom - again - and had to be dragged back into place. It is wedged with a water butt until the repair people arrive to fix it. Also some of the UPVC edging has vanished from the edge of the roof and my garden incinerator seems to have moved next door !
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 01:33 PM

nice and sunny today! I was up at 0730 to put out the recycle bags, they were collected 5 minutes later so I went back to bed for another snooze

well what a shock, the sky just went really dark and now it's started to snow quite heavily!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 02:23 PM

What a difference a day makes! Glorious day here today Hope all our Scottish resident members are ok.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
What a difference a day makes! Glorious day here today Hope all our Scottish resident members are ok.
Same here.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 03:08 PM

It's turned very dark again and snowing quite heavily at the moment..I don't mind as I much prefer it to the howling gales We've had...I sleep like a Baby at night when the soft snow falls.:~)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top