Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 11:35 PM

Re: Bank Account Security...A Catch 22.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm with First Direct and I've never had a problem.

They've now brought in voice recognition, so when you telephone them (after it has first been set up, of course) they just ask a simple confirmatory question and that's it.

They are very helpful people.

And I think they are offering £100 to new members!
Good call mate, have heard lots of good things about them .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm with First Direct and I've never had a problem.

They've now brought in voice recognition, so when you telephone them (after it has first been set up, of course) they just ask a simple confirmatory question and that's it.

They are very helpful people.

And I think they are offering £100 to new members!
I'd not be able to use them.....I'm against animal cruelty.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I have a LPA for my Mum so today I contact my Mum's bank as we have been locked out of Internet banking.

I explain that it wouldn't let me in and the form to release the lock didn't recognise her details..
But to be fair to the bank your mother didn't keep her details up to date ie the phone number, which is what the system relies on. Though it is a bugger.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
But to be fair to the bank your mother didn't keep her details up to date ie the phone number, which is what the system relies on. Though it is a bugger.
She couldn't Bruce..she's quadriplegic....she's only just recently been able to use a pc because I had software installed to make it operated by speech.

She wasn't expected to live after the hospital blunder so it wasn't a priority.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:35 AM

I am afraid that banks are no longer those places where you tell them what you need and they go out of their way to meet your needs!
They used to offer customer service, but as with most other businesses, that has now flown out of the window!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'd not be able to use them.....I'm against animal cruelty.
You've lost me there. Is there something I don't know?

Well, yes, there are lots of things I'll admit to not knowing. How women's minds work, for example.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top