Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 06:04 PM

Re: How much of your spare time...

Well as I’m retired I don’t do any work in the workshop during Winter unless it has to be done and as the weather is always bad it means I’m in the house most of the time, providing I’m not in the bookies or the pub during lunchtime, the wife has many sisters and they come here on a regular basis, they sit and ‘chat’ the usual tripe in the kitchen for hours on end and that's not my cup of tea.
it’s a sort of semi hibernation for me until the weather improves then the wife and me do as much train traveling around the country as we can as it’s for free we like to visit places where we haven’t been before, sometimes for the day and other times for a few days.
All that means is that I spend more time on here in the Winter than I would in the Summer, besides I like the place and most of the folks on here.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 06:28 PM

Have to say you are missed during those summer breaks, I like to hear of the characters you have in yer midst - brightens me day - could listen to ye all day
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 07:45 PM

I like coming on because its like going to see an old friend for a chat.☺
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:11 AM

I'm constantly on this iPad, as I spend a lazy sedentary life. I can't do much on the allotment as I'm waiting to hear from the Council if they're rebuilding the raised beds, and haven't been out that often.

So when sitting down to eat, or watch tv, I come on here, in between checking emails and b.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:15 AM

Right this moment, I've been here for too bloomin' long!
But me man's out helping a friend with some mechanical thing, and it's way too cold to be outside doing anything.
On such days, i usually work on my website, and pop in here in between.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:37 AM

I log on for about half to one hour in the morning after breakfast and occasionally briefly ion the afternoon if I've nothing else to do and that's it. Probably a bit more now, in what is our summer here, as I have a long break from my part-time job and from U3A between December and February.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am in and out all day, rarely here evening because that is when I am at work.

I do various other things while posting, I can knit, watch tv, hold a conversation with others.

I don't see many people during the day after the school run so this is my chance to chat to adults.
Could that be a reason why sometimes you are misunderstood on here? Maybe doing other things at the same time means you don't post as clearly as you could?
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 02:16 AM

Being naturally bone idle, I have no difficulty spending hours on here.
No sport on tv so a man has choices to make.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:29 AM

Beats enduring the brainless mush which wifey chooses on TV.
Or getting legless every night out of sheer tedium.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Could that be a reason why sometimes you are misunderstood on here? Maybe doing other things at the same time means you don't post as clearly as you could?
I don't think so I think some people deliberately misunderstand they want to think the worst about other posters. Hoping accusing them of things will stop them posting. I don't claim to be best educated either I left school early to look after family members so my writing may not be the best. Oddly if you are dislexic people are kinder than if you just didn't have the chance to get a full educational experience.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top