Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 01:17 PM

Re: Life

Its a drive within all of us.. To mean something to someone, to leave a mark..
When my brother died at just 23 my mother refused to throw away his belongings because she said it would wipe away any proof that he had been her.

I prefer to think our immortality is carried on in other people, in their memory of us and the way we have touched their lives.

I have no other belief with regard to life after death. I do not think there is an afterlife or a place beyond this one although I am happy for those who gain comfort from such thoughts.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 01:58 PM

Stevmk2 I'm interested in the antikitheythera , don't know about it but would love to know more. Loving your replies folks .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Its a drive within all of us.. To mean something to someone, to leave a mark..
When my brother died at just 23 my mother refused to throw away his belongings because she said it would wipe away any proof that he had been her.

I prefer to think our immortality is carried on in other people, in their memory of us and the way we have touched their lives.

I have no other belief with regard to life after death. I do not think there is an afterlife or a place beyond this one although I am happy for those who gain comfort from such thoughts.
The belief doesn't bring me comfort as such - just have that 'strong' belief and it has never left me - whether right or wrong - we'll know when we get there
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 02:33 PM

When I go I hope folks say `he was a harmless old sod who enjoyed the odd cigar and bottle of red`
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 02:42 PM

I feel exactly the same and have often thought that life is so complicated that we can't be accident.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 02:50 PM

I was brought up to believe in god-school,methodist sunday school and a baptist minister for a an Uncle-what ever floats your boat.

I believe life does exist out there amongst the billions of stars,but the distances are far too great to ever meet.

We live on this tiny- little planet floating in a space so large if defies imagination-let us respect it and all those who live here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 02:51 PM

I too think our existence is random and I do not need any answers .

Life for me is like a huge game of snakes and ladders. Some players in this game of chance never get off the starting point while others progress to different levels before encountering a 'snake' of illness or accident and get knocked off the board. Others manage to reach the end of the game.

This is all there is, we won't get another chance in the game of life so should enjoy it to the full and not waste it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 03:19 PM

the series of books "Conversations with God" make interesting non-biblical reading. rather similar in a way to "A Course in Miracles"
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Stevmk2 I'm interested in the antikitheythera , don't know about it but would love to know more. Loving your replies folks .
You'd love the mystery about the Piri Reis Map then!

He was a top-ranking Turkish Admiral who drew a map in 1513 showing the world but the map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the Northern coast of Antarctica.

The official science has been saying that the ice-cap which covers the Antarctic is at least a million years old and is a mile thick.

The Piri Reis map shows that the northern part of that continent has been mapped before the ice covered it.

That indicates it had been mapped a million years ago, but that's impossible since mankind did not exist at that time.

The first human civilizations, according to the traditional history, developed in the Middle East around the year 3000 BC, soon to be followed within a millennium by the Indus Valley and the Chinese ones.

Therefore, none of the known civilizations could have done such a job so who was here in 4000 years BC, who was able to do things that are only possible with the modern technology? stevmk2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
You'd love the mystery about the Piri Reis Map then!

He was a top-ranking Turkish Admiral who drew a map in 1513 showing the world but the map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the Northern coast of Antarctica.

The official science has been saying that the ice-cap which covers the Antarctic is at least a million years old and is a mile thick.

The Piri Reis map shows that the northern part of that continent has been mapped before the ice covered it.

That indicates it had been mapped a million years ago, but that's impossible since mankind did not exist at that time.

The first human civilizations, according to the traditional history, developed in the Middle East around the year 3000 BC, soon to be followed within a millennium by the Indus Valley and the Chinese ones.

Therefore, none of the known civilizations could have done such a job so who was here in 4000 years BC, who was able to do things that are only possible with the modern technology? stevmk2
So you are saying that this god of yours drew maps and made clockwork mechanisms in his spare time? Maybe you need to rethink this....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top