Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 07:26 AM

Re: Tesco

It's not just Tesco though is it? Most of the big names are suffering just the same, I would have thought there is just much retail grocery capacity for the amount of customers. Personally I prefer shopping at Tesco to any other store chain but in the final analysis they are all mercenary and there to make a profit, and not there for our benefit per se.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It's not just Tesco though is it? Most of the big names are suffering just the same, I would have thought there is just much retail grocery capacity for the amount of customers. Personally I prefer shopping at Tesco to any other store chain but in the final analysis they are all mercenary and there to make a profit, and not there for our benefit per se.
I was listening to an item on the radio and apparently our shopping habits are changing with less people doing a weekly
'big shop' and shopping for small amounts of food every few days instead.
This has led to more 'local shopping' with people shopping around and using various shops rather than being loyal to just one large one .
digital granma
Co. Durham, England
digital granma is female  digital granma has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 02:23 PM

Tesco's attitude to smaller companies who rely on them starts at the top. There's an arrogance in management which they would be better off without.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by digital granma ->
Tesco's attitude to smaller companies who rely on them starts at the top. There's an arrogance in management which they would be better off without.
There are many large companies that use their power to bully smaller companies that supply them, and not just in retail. I should know as I was nearly bankrupted a couple of times when I was in the construction business, because of late payments and sudden changes to trading terms which were imposed on us rather than negotiated..

There's a lot of it about.....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 04:10 PM

I've never liked Tesco.

I've never been particularly fond of their produce either - cheap & nasty much of the time - but I would hazard a guess and say that they seem to have gone down the pan since Leahy left so either they've got nobody to genuinely lead the company or greed's got the better of them.

I lean towards greed. stevmk2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:38 PM

... no one has answered, Why Tesco? why now? what has happened to cause these comments
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
... no one has answered, Why Tesco? why now? what has happened to cause these comments
Under investigation for various alleged misdeeds:-

"Tesco is to face another investigation, this time into its relations with suppliers, amid concerns it breached the Groceries Supply Code of Practice.

The Groceries Code Adjudicator (GCA) joins the Serious Fraud Office and the Financial Reporting Council in investigating the supermarket chain."
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Under investigation for various alleged misdeeds:-

"Tesco is to face another investigation, this time into its relations with suppliers, amid concerns it breached the Groceries Supply Code of Practice.

The Groceries Code Adjudicator (GCA) joins the Serious Fraud Office and the Financial Reporting Council in investigating the supermarket chain."

Ah right! Thanks, makes sense now.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:15 PM

I personally believe there are also problems on the shop floor. Trying to find someone who is helpful, polite, and knows the products, is like looking for hens teeth. This works its way up through management who employ staff but who do not train them to respect and be helpful to the customer. This eventually leads right back up to to the top management who arrogantly believe they are beyond reproach and have distanced themselves from the shop floor, which is where their customer is that they should be impressing. In todays market, with vast competition, staff have to be prepared to go that extra mile for the customer.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
I personally believe there are also problems on the shop floor. Trying to find someone who is helpful, polite, and knows the products, is like looking for hens teeth. This works its way up through management who employ staff but who do not train them to respect and be helpful to the customer. This eventually leads right back up to to the top management who arrogantly believe they are beyond reproach and have distanced themselves from the shop floor, which is where their customer is that they should be impressing.
Another very good reason I do not like Tesco Celyn.

Trying to find a staff member that isn't rude / ill-mannered / arrogant in my local Tesco is an impossibility.

F-'em I say - hope their company goes down the tubes. stevmk2

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top