Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 10:39 AM

Re: Table Manners - or lack of them !

Mary Berry should know better too, she often licks the spoon. Yuk!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Not always true. We have eaten with muslim friends both at home and in restaurants, not one has ever left because someone else had a glass of wine or a beer. Many muslims drink alcohol, hypocritical, okay, but drink alcohol they certainly do.
Yes of course they do .
You must remember Clumsy that some people have not traveled and therefore have not experienced other cultures .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 10:46 AM

A JW friend told me a story about a little boy who went to eat at a friends house. The family sat down to eat and just started munching away without saying grace..
The little boy said 'oh dont you give thanks??? Thats ok, my dog doesnt either'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 11:06 AM

The ones that make me smile (and I'm sure we have all seen them), a couple come into a café, order coffee and some food, then immediately get onto their iphone/ipad. After 30 minutes of social media and eating with one hand, they pay the bill then leave without ever having said a word to each other. And they say romance is dead.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 11:09 AM

Why speak? They're texting eachother. I wish everyone would do that when eating.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-03-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Why speak? They're texting eachother. I wish everyone would do that when eating.
Good point.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:07 PM

This morning, l sat at my table with knife and fork held correctly and l proceeded to eat my freshly cooked breakfast. Lovely Tesco finest bacon, you know, the sort fat runs out of, not loads of cloudy water! With it, l had slices of Clonakilty black pudding, a fresh egg laid by one of my hens and proper buttered toast from the loaf l made in my bread maker yesterday.
I ate this with no radio or television on and was able to concentrate on my food and savour every delicious bite. I was really enjoying my breakfast when the bleep of a text message came through..... Bliss over!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This morning, l sat at my table with knife and fork held correctly and l proceeded to eat my freshly cooked breakfast. Lovely Tesco finest bacon, you know, the sort fat runs out of, not loads of cloudy water! With it, l had slices of Clonakilty black pudding, a fresh egg laid by one of my hens and proper buttered toast from the loaf l made in my bread maker yesterday.
I ate this with no radio or television on and was able to concentrate on my food and savour every delicious bite. I was really enjoying my breakfast when the bleep of a text message came through..... Bliss over!
Sounds great, I do like to eat alone on occasion......something I look forward to on my newly(hopefully)purchased balcony. Peace and quiet, watching the World go by, bliss.

No, I couldn't afford the rest of the property.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:28 PM

And starting without everyone being served first, I don't like that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:31 PM

Stretching an arm over to grab food and clearing the table before everyone has finished is bad too!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top