Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 07:36 AM

Re: Neighbours from hell

No, I won't repeat my NfH story...you all already know it, as Orangutan quite rightly says.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 07:18 PM

Remember a friend of mine phoned noise pollution number , one of her neighbours alway played loud music all night every night , she said the noise pollution chap come to her flat, he agreed the music was to loud , but turn round and said , what do you expect living in a shit area , she said she was to shock to answer back ,
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 07:43 PM

Just one neighbour can make your life hell. I'm very fortunate that I have elderly neighbours who are lovely. I'd hate any yobs to move in
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Just one neighbour can make your life hell. I'm very fortunate that I have elderly neighbours who are lovely. I'd hate any yobs to move in

I first ever flat was in a small block , every neighbour was elderly , I was young , alway remember one night got a knock on the door , there was two elderly neighbours they started to moan at me for playing loud music, I said I haven't even got a stereo or even a radio , they said yes yes stop lieing , told them to come in and have a look they did , the loud music was coming from a old lady in her 80s up above us , because I suppose I was young it had to be me , but it wasn't
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 08:01 PM

Well, guess what...I have something positive to report about mine!

The two ladies from the HA turned up an hour late to collect the noise monitoring equipment, had a little look at the machine (it has a graph showing spikes, peaks and troughs) and reckoned it didn't show much, as proof.

We talked a bit and I told her I wouldn't be bullied into selling up and moving out (a little dig at her) and I saw the lady next door coming home with her toddlers. Upshot is, she agreed to come in, talk to the ladies and give her PoV on the tenants. And has finally agreed to sign a witness statement, if the HA send it off to her. I did mention several things that she'd said to me in the past but she did say in her own words how disruptive they could be, and the times, be it 5.30 in the morning or at nights, midnight, 1, 2am.

Now she said they were particularly loud last night but I seemed dead to the world! I missed a good chance of pressing the button. Damn! (I had been falling asleep around 9 so was desperate for bed.)
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 09:57 PM

I hate where i live, for a start i think there all inbreds and the neighbours are the pits. To the left of me they think they own all the road in front of my house. just because i don't drive but because i'm married now and have a van they do it for fun!? To the right of me they just don't speak for some reason!? What the hell is wrong with these people, i have lived here for 9 years and they seem to think they can get one over on me for some reason i don't know why? I haven't done anything wrong to get their backs up? Don't they like change? I might have said to the person on the left after a large Van came and sat in front of my house for 3 consecutive weekends and cut all daylight out. It belonged to his Brother inlaw he was helping him with a house project?, " all i said was do you think you could move it over the road where there's a clear space to park ( In a nice manner ) ? All i got was " What's your problem ". To the right of me when my OH moved in, we had a small fire in the back garden which was in a fire tub/barrel the next morning i heard knocking at the door, " can you put out the fire i want to hang my washing out " I said there isn't a fire? she said well it's smoking? so i said it must have re-kindled it'self and instantly went out with a pan of water and put it out. Since then no-one has spoken, they all talk together and ignore us? I don't believe we are bad people? Infact now we have everybody's car visit and park for long hours infront of our house from the left we have to park up the road in front of the woman's house who complained over the fire. We have to move soon as i can't put up with this any longer, we both argue and it is stressing us both out!!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 10:01 PM

Please tell me and be honest what you think of my post i need to know? Is it me or is it them just been awkward? Thank you Sue
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

02-04-2015, 10:26 PM

Wish I could give an answer, s/sue! It could be them. I have had personal fall out with a neighbour (in next block) over a satellite dish, for heaven's sake. We were both connected to communal analogue, she put up her own digital, I told her it wasn't allowed, she shouted at me over the phone 'you do what you want, I'll do what I want!' And promptly stopped talking to me, and has maintained that blanking out to this day! And of course, she had to remove her personal dish, while I got the company to install a communal digital, which I've used since.

I've been told one other person is connected and think it's her. But not sure.

As my dear ole mum used to say 'No-one likes being told what to do.'

Hope you soon find a decent place to live.

When talking to the lady from the HA, she warned me I could have worse living above! What, you trying to frighten me, lady?!!!! I don't scare that easily.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

02-04-2015, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Wish I could give an answer, s/sue! It could be them. I have had personal fall out with a neighbour (in next block) over a satellite dish, for heaven's sake. We were both connected to communal analogue, she put up her own digital, I told her it wasn't allowed, she shouted at me over the phone 'you do what you want, I'll do what I want!' And promptly stopped talking to me, and has maintained that blanking out to this day! And of course, she had to remove her personal dish, while I got the company to install a communal digital, which I've used since.

I've been told one other person is connected and think it's her. But not sure.

As my dear ole mum used to say 'No-one likes being told what to do.'

Hope you soon find a decent place to live.

When talking to the lady from the HA, she warned me I could have worse living above! What, you trying to frighten me, lady?!!!! I don't scare that easily.
OH Jazzi what's it all coming to, people don't need all this stress and anger, why? What's happening? We all had simple lives year's ago and now it's changed.. And i'm sick of it!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

02-04-2015, 10:41 PM

We also discussed the fact that above are 3 adults and one child in a first floor one bedroom flat and she was saying, you can't stop everyday noise, like if children are running about (I said I feared the baby growing and doing just that), and another clause I found in the lease stated that the flat shouldn't be used for anything other than single occupation!!

As the flat above was a bank repo, their lease may be different, but it's in the same building, for pity's sake! Hoping to provide them with that info also.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top