Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 11:40 PM

Re: Are you a hoarder

LOL,merz, in some ways we're so alike, but not when it comes to clutter .....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 11:55 PM

Hoarder ! . . . I'm a Magpie . . . I throw nothing away, I always say throw nothing out it might come in useful someday.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 04:21 AM

I downsized in '07 and got rid of tons of stuff. Now I feel like I want to simplify life even more. My partner is a hoarder and it drives me nuts. I can't even tidy up his stuff or group like things together because he doesn't want anything moved. When he finally installed the dishwasher (after 4 years) the left over copper pieces, torch, flux, brush, etc. sat on the counter for days so I finally gathered it all up and put it on top of his tool box which is still on the dining room floor.

*sigh* Sometimes I visualize myself in a studio apartment, sparsely but tastefully furnished, uncluttered and peaceful.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 07:46 AM

Since the kids left home we can not stand clutter or dust catching items whatever you want to call them so every year we have a sort out and if something has not been used during the last year it goes to a charity or the Tip.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 03:19 PM

You're certainly organized, AB! I hate throwing things out; you never know when you'll need it .......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Hoarder ! . . . I'm a Magpie . . . I throw nothing away, I always say throw nothing out it might come in useful someday.
Have you ever lost a particular screw or nut when assembling a flat pack item or something electrical or you might need a special screwdriver to fit a screw, God be with the days when one screwdriver fitted the lot, now they come square, triangle, and star shaped, I think they even do a heart-shaped one for lovers who enjoy putting things together. Call me a hoarder of junk if you like, but I can replace that missing screw with a matching driver in minutes.
All that talk of screws is driving me nuts, but you know what I mean.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

21-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Yes, I just got a new bar stool that needed assembly (bah!!), and the screws were strange: sort of 5 sided, like a pentagon. Fortunately they included a little tool to use, so my friend was able to assemble it for me.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
You're certainly organized, AB! I hate throwing things out; you never know when you'll need it .......
I used to be like that DM until the kids left home and I found that not much needed repairing.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

21-07-2011, 07:05 PM

The hoarder's motto: Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL,merz, in some ways we're so alike, but not when it comes to clutter .....
Or ironing Eileen

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top