Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 10:46 AM

Re: What would you change?

Toes take quite a lot of the weight of the body. If you think of how small the foot is compared to the size of the body it's supporting they are very useful.
They are also vital for balance especially when you're older.
If you think of a foot in a stiletto where the toes can't do their job the person is more likely to fall over and it's not just because of the high heel.
Older people can't usually wear them as their balance gets worse with age.

It's also almost impossible to run without toes which propel you forward, I think the big toe takes something like 40PC of weight when moving forward quickly.

Have to say they are deeply unattractive when people have fungal infection on their toe nails yuk.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Toes take quite a lot of the weight of the body. If you think of how small the foot is compared to the size of the body it's supporting they are very useful.
They are also vital for balance especially when you're older.
If you think of a foot in a stiletto where the toes can't do their job the person is more likely to fall over and it's not just because of the high heel.
Older people can't usually wear them as their balance gets worse with age.

It's also almost impossible to run without toes which propel you forward, I think the big toe takes something like 40PC of weight when moving forward quickly.

Have to say they are deeply unattractive when people have fungal infection on their toe nails yuk.
When my late niece lost half her foot they gave her a prosthetic which had moulded toes but were not mobile, so all we would need is a longer foot !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 10:54 AM

I agree with Eliza - teeth ! Bloomin nuisance they are
Also agree with Anita - always liked the pellet idea
We're just not made right
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 11:58 AM

Just a comment I remember from some ladies at an office I worked at;

If my tits were above my nose he would look me in the eye.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Toes I can't see why we need them and they mostly don't look very nice, no more toe nail cutting would be a bonus too !
Julie I do realise this is a tongue in cheek post but felt the need to give a true life reply

Unfortunately my neighbour has recently had to have her big toe amputated due to her being diabetic, it has affected her mobility greatly so much so that she is moving to a bungalow as she now has difficulty managing going up stairs.

Sooo .... look after your toes and keep your nail scissors sharp!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 02:22 PM

I would like a prehensile tail which could act as another limb. It would have to be covered in fur though as I don't like scaly bald tails. I would also like all my senses to be enhanced, eyesight in particular and also hearing. I would also like to be far more agile and fast moving. Keep the brain power the same. Can you imagine how awesome we humans could be if I could have what I wanted?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 03:48 PM

Being female I would like to do away with all the horrid female insides and order babies by post!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top