Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Re: Christmas is a coming

Originally Posted by shirley ->
NO i am not thinking about christmas yet, we are preparing for haloween first then i might consider it.
I can't quite get to grips with Haloween Shirley, we never heard of it as kids, isn't it just another sales exercise for the shops in between barbecues and Christmas?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Re the C word: NO, NO, NO!!! Too early, way way too early!!! Bah humbug.
Well said Eileen, Bah Humbug from me too....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:56 AM

Me to Eileen .

I don't really bother with Christmas more than I have to, being none religious now it means very little to me.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:05 AM

You are sooooo right Eileen. Bah humbug I hate Christmas
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
NO i am not thinking about christmas yet, we are preparing for haloween first then i might consider it.
I've never done anything for Halloween and never will. The door stays shut on 31st October. Trick or Treat is just begging under another name as far as I am concerned.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by aitch ->
Have any of you started to prepare for the festive season yet, or is it too early (looking in some stores it isnt)
Aitch, I made a firm promise to my Family and to this forum that I would not mention the C.......s word until the 1st of December 2011, that leaves a whole Month to prepare, then I shall gladly join the throng of merrymakers
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 04:35 PM

I'm so glad some of you echoed my Bah humbug!!
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 06:24 PM

I am well into shopping. I like to get it done nice and early so there is no last minute panic. If I see something suitable for someone, then I buy it there and then. My spare room is already filling up...........!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 07:10 PM

I have been buying little nicknacks when I see them for my grandchildren's stockings (oh yes, they have a stocking from Nanny as well!) and I've also ordered a set of books that I know young Katie will love.

I've also started buying the dried fruit and other ingredients for the Christmas cakes.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 08:10 PM

My daughter is 34. But on Christmas day. She reverts, unstoppably to 8 years old. By 7.00am she has usually demolished half a box of Malteser's and most of a Toblerone bar. Then she expects scrambled eggs and bacon....oh....and Bucks Fizz.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top