Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 07:12 PM

Re: Lottery Winners

I don't do the lottery so the situation would never arise for me.

If I were to do the lottery and won , as a would be recluse the publicity would be my idea of hell . My need are simple, there would be no ostentatious displays of wealth here not even a new house or car. I would be able to have more heat in the house in the winter though which would be welcome.

My family would receive some cash and the rest would go to charity

I actually wouldn't want such a win, it would take away the anticipation of the small pleasures for which I save and am grateful
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 08:35 PM

I would hate to be in the limelight and I wouldn't want or need multi millions really, just enough never to have to worry about bills etc ever again would be nice, plus being able to travel to wherever I wished. I would have as many well run animal rescue centres as possible in various countries and of course I would ensure my family and close friends were well taken care of.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 08:39 PM

I'd do Everthing I could to keep it quiet But as someone said in an earlier Post....News has a Habit of Leaking out. I'd give up my Home in Perth and move up North all the Time. Less chance of being Hassled in the Middle of No where.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 09:58 PM

Ditto, Meg, clumsy and Roxy, hassle is something that would accompany a large win, no thanks.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 10:51 PM

I'd be well pleased with the £656,000, they also won along with their 148 Million. That would do me very nicely. Don't need the rest!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 11:13 PM

I think Ania (Orangutan) is correct as regards forming a contract with Camelot but it isn't a legal requirement to go public.

However, I also heard that if you chose not to go public, then you're on your own and they'll do nothing at all to help you in the future, whereas if you do go public, they will get accountants, solicitors and advisers on how best to use the money safely.

If I won £148 million, then I would definitely accept that help because with great wealth comes great responsibility.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 11:18 PM

If I won £148 million, I would keep it quiet, I wouldn't need Camelots Accountants, I'd be able to afford Jimmy Carr's
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 02:14 PM

I think lottery winners in Canada have to agree to publicity in order to claim their prize. I'd pay off all my debts, see that my children are comfortable, invest enough to provide a regular income and spend the rest on charity.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 03:08 PM

I would keep it as quiet as possible. I would need an awful lot of time to decide what to do with the money. We have an accountant within the family who has dealt with our finances for years. So my trust would be in him.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
If I won £148 million, I would keep it quiet, I wouldn't need Camelots Accountants, I'd be able to afford Jimmy Carr's
Me too....I've got a head full of ideas to follow.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top