Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Re: Good Morning Boxing Day

Good morning all. I had a wonderful day with Warren & his parents yesterday. We exchanged gifts and enjoyed a lovely turkey dinner with lots of super baked good to take home as gifts. I turned down the normal take home leftovers since I'm trying to lose weight and carbs.

I had to look up Box Day on the internet and here is what I found. http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch...boxingday.html

I'll be heading to McDonald's for breakfast and then the grocery store afterwards. My refrigerator is actually empty. That's my day in a nutshell. I promised Warren I'd take care of Jack the Cat as Warren is off on vacation for a week to California. What fun!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 04:31 PM

Boxing Day here. Is a day off with pay. If you are working, you usually get another day off in loo.
It's also the day the big sales start. Every insane person goes into town, fighting the crowds for bargains. (I would rather watch paint dry.)
Most men watch Football, horse racing, eg.( sort of sports day. )
Plenty of drink and food.
This is what I know of Boxing Day
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Hi, all!.Quiet day yesterday.Am feeling poorly; somehow I pulled a back muscle, don't know how as I haven't lifted anything heavy, but it is very very sore! Moving is uncomfortable, but did get out for grass. Sunny and mildish at a bit after 11 AM: 6℃ (43℉), quite windy. Leia's been enjoying her Christmas balls.

Big after-Christmas sales here, some stores opened at 5 AM! You couldn't pay me to go....

Enjoy the day whatever your plans,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi, all!.Quiet day yesterday.Am feeling poorly; somehow I pulled a back muscle, don't know how as I haven't lifted anything heavy, but it is very very sore! Moving is uncomfortable, but did get out for grass. Sunny and mildish at a bit after 11 AM: 6℃ (43℉), quite windy. Leia's been enjoying her Christmas balls.

Big after-Christmas sales here, some stores opened at 5 AM! You couldn't pay me to go....

Enjoy the day whatever your plans,
Sorry to hear you've pulled a back muscle, Eileen ..... that is very painful, I know as I've done it many a time Take things easy..... have you any embrocation you can rub into it?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 05:27 PM

No rest for the wicked then, you have only had one day of rest this Christmas, never mind its New Year next.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sorry to hear you've pulled a back muscle, Eileen ..... that is very painful, I know as I've done it many a time Take things easy..... have you any embrocation you can rub into it?
Yes, Celadrin cream, and took an Aleve also...... thanks!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Andycapp ->
Good Morning Brandykins Love the name of your Dog.....
Do you live anywhere near ? Drumnadrochit ?
No, Andy, quite a bit down from there - I live in Renfrewshire - Johnstone, just past where Willie Wallace was born in Elderslie! I have past thru' Drumnadrochit though - lovely wee place - when I was going to Loch Ness, I think it was but that was many years ago!! I remember the bridge over the River Enrick? Think that's what it was called and a lovely glen as well.

I am a Glaswegian - born in Govan, Glasgow, though and still very much a Glaswegian!!

Aw Loki's name means Norse God of Mishief and she is full of that!! Thank you!

Oh Bob - love the clip! And Loki is doing well - the extra Phenobarb she had to be put on, is working well, fingers crossed, eh?

Hope everyone is still enjoying Boxing Day - I used to love going to the Boxing Day sales when I worked in Glasgow!! Hope all who went to the Sales today, got plenty of bargains!

Thanks for that link, Bob!

Take care
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 07:19 PM

Ourflo needs a couple of Valium Hers stressed anyone know where she can get a little helper

BrandyKin I know loki my fav Norse God Any Caves near were you live or good BB&Bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13olfeD026g
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 07:36 PM

I took a drive to a major department store today looking for bargains. I was infuriated by the men's clothing department because a lot of the clothing was made in Vietnam & Cambodia. I'm a Vietnam Veteran and didn't risk my life for 4 years so that we could get clothing from the Communist government in Vietnam that killed so man of our soldiers. What made it worse is that there was no American made clothing available in the entire store. I asked for the manager and chewed him out claiming he should be ashamed of himself and his store for not stocking American made goods.

I also lost my job of 13 years in textile to this sort of mentality buy business interests. It's one of many reasons I'm fed up with my country and refuse to take it anymore. I will not shop at store that won't sell American goods, period!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2011, 10:38 PM

Had a lovely Christmas Dinner at my Sisters yesterday-turkey, beef and all the trimmings. Got home at around 4.30pm-sorted myself out and then realised later on, I'd left my laptop there, so wasn't able to come on here last night

Today has been a relaxing day-walking this morning and afternoon, and going over to my Sisters to pick up laptop.

Eileen, sorry to hear about your back and hope it soon improves...don't do too much-take it easy....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top