Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 03:01 PM

Re: Stupid, or what?

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Well as you can see my name is Clumsy. I can trip over matchsticks, fall down holes, fall over things and through things. As some of you know my last little trip ended up with me having a smashed shoulder and a badly fractured arm which required a 7 hour operation to patch up and now has 8 screws, 3 pins and various bits of metal holding it all together. I donīt think Iīm really clumsy, just accident prone !
Now that's 'not' funny - poor you ......
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 03:03 PM

Domestic burns are an occupational hazard. Collected another one taking a casserole from the oven.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 04:09 PM

I get lots of burns on me fingers and hands, I think I said this before, the best thing to do when you get your finger or hand burned is to immediately rub it with vigour into the scalp of your head for a few seconds, it won't blister and there will be no permanent marks, unless of course it's a very bad burn that needs medical attention, I'm talking minor burns here.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I know I shouldn't, but you described it so well
Hope you were OK gal
Yes i was fine no bruise or broken bones ,.....

Another stupid episode also involved me home alone and the Rotary Clothes line , the ones you put up and down .

ours had broke in the part that held it up, so we used a 5 inch nail to push through the holes to keep the thing up .

I released it to quickly pulling out the nail and dropped it down trapping half of the side of my finger , the pain shot through me and i went to my knees,the clothes Rotary dropped with me joined on .
So im joined to the B***dy thing in the middle of the garden , I managed to crawl to the house with it and with my other hand push the line back up into full position,So releasing my finger .

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-st...FQPHtAodoX0AcQ
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Yes i was fine no bruise or broken bones ,.....

Another stupid episode also involved me home alone and the Rotary Clothes line , the ones you put up and down .

ours had broke in the part that held it up, so we used a 5 inch nail to push through the holes to keep the thing up .

I released it to quickly pulling out the nail and dropped it down trapping half of the side of my finger , the pain shot through me and i went to my knees,the clothes Rotary dropped with me joined on .
So im joined to the B***dy thing in the middle of the garden , I managed to crawl to the house with it and with my other hand push the line back up into full position,So releasing my finger .

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-st...FQPHtAodoX0AcQ
That - must have been an awful time
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

27-11-2014, 04:20 PM

Yep, sure did. I'd been having trouble with my accelerator pedal in the car. It wasn't responding like it should have. I had to smash it down and then pull back to drive. I pulled over to the side so I wouldn't get in an accident. After fluttering the pedal a few times, when I went to pull out into traffic again; I put the shift in neutral. It took a minute to realize what I had done.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2014, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
Yep, sure did. I'd been having trouble with my accelerator pedal in the car. It wasn't responding like it should have. I had to smash it down and then pull back to drive. I pulled over to the side so I wouldn't get in an accident. After fluttering the pedal a few times, when I went to pull out into traffic again; I put the shift in neutral. It took a minute to realize what I had done.
We all have stupid moments .....
The trick is not to make a habit of them
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

27-11-2014, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
We all have stupid moments .....
The trick is not to make a habit of them
Mine have certainly become a habit!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 08:20 PM

I have opened a kitchen cupboard door over the counter and on closing it slammed it into the side of my head!! - I have done this more than once, It don't 'alf hurt..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 10:05 PM

A pavement slab tried to kill me yesterday! After finishing my acupuncture I decided to have a look in the nearby PC World so stayed on the same side of the road as the store, instead of crossing at the lights to the station, to go home. After a few steps I tripped on a slab, stopped myself from going flat onto my face, but pulled muscles in my left buttock! Boy did they hurt!

I should have just gone straight home...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top