Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 10:23 PM

Re: Water Filter Jugs

There is always a market.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not worth buying a filter thingy then?

Have you read some reviews Tabby?
That might be more help than these men are!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=water+j...l_5ihb01r7s5_e
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 11:37 PM

I live in a hard water area, so I have an Aqua Optima jug, supposed to filter out the nasties. Not really sure if that happens, but it's like one of those things that you acquire along the way, that's meant to enhance your life, but you're not quite sure if it does. Bit like the wife actually! Gulp!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
I live in a hard water area, so I have an Aqua Optima jug, supposed to filter out the nasties. Not really sure if that happens, but it's like one of those things that you acquire along the way, that's meant to enhance your life, but you're not quite sure if it does. Bit like the wife actually! Gulp!

Oooh you'll be in trouble now John.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would like to drink more water than I do - but - it doesn't taste very nice, which puts me off. Have tried hot water with a slice of lemon or with a splash of PLJ and that is OK. Was wondering about these water filtering jugs - Brita etc.,.

Does anyone in here use one?
Are they any good or are they just a gimmick?
I sympathise, until I returned from Australia in 1968 I didn't realise how foul English water was. I had happily drank it before I left but after Australian water discovered it was disgusting, The fact that it furred up the kettle should have been warning enough.

I can only really speak for Gloucestershire and Kent water, to be honest I can't remember London water as by then I had given up drinking the stuff.

Not that Australia doesn't have some very dodgy water too especially in towns that rely on bore water during drought but on the coast the water is soft and just about perfect. I remember my Mother's first visit many decades ago and how excited she was when she found that soap produced suds/lather! Something I don't think she had experienced before.

They sell those jugs here too but I suspect they are just a gimmick
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 06:05 AM

Hi

http://dwi.defra.gov.uk/research/com...-147_exsum.pdf
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 07:14 AM

Thanks, Swimmy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 07:39 AM

Of an evening, you can't beat Tinned Water, with a reasonable ABV. During the day, water boiled with added Tannin is just the ticket.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 08:55 AM

ST, I recently bought a water bottle that has an internal tube, in which one puts fruit, that then infuses the water. For a few days I enjoyed raspberry or orange flavoured water, but the problem is I don’t eat fruit much and it is wasted. I have a bowl of mandarin segments, that will need chucking. The Remaining raspberries topped a Black Forest meringue for two days.

I expect eventually I will stop using it, but I do continue to use a water filter. A throw back from living in London where it was hard.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 09:01 AM

Here’s mine.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	471B717B-668E-46FA-B242-D5D434D89A55.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	13537  

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top