Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 11:44 PM

Re: Have You Ever Been On A Blind Date?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My daughter went on a blind date, he was the son of a lady in the office where she worked. She was almost 18 at the time and he was 5 years older than her. She got engaged at 19 and married when she was 21.

Did it last? They will have been married 23 years this year

Just goes to show that blind dates do sometimes work out
Mags, Your daughter was really lucky to find a gud un!
The woman that set up my blind date, showed me a pic of her cousin and he looked lovely.
In real life, he wasn’t.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No never, I have no problems with my eyes
sweetie you do have a problem with eyes - you fell for me
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 12:17 AM

Great stories! I never went on a blind date...but I am cooking one up later this summer. The victims....I mean couple...are my eldest niece and the son of a friend. I've never tried to set anyone up before.

I'll let you know if I can pull it off. If it looks like we are setting them up, they will both run for the hills.

His mother and I are already picking out baby names .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 07:04 AM

Yes, I married him.

It was arranged by a mutual friend and we have now been married nearly 36 years.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 07:11 AM

Quite a few , I used to do Internet dating .

The men I met were pleasant enough and I would stay for a couple of hours . One man asked me out again and picked me up outside the houses I lived in , within minutes of meeting he asked me did I own my own house ( light bulb moment ) I lied and said no I rented . Never saw him again
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Quite a few , I used to do Internet dating .

The men I met were pleasant enough and I would stay for a couple of hours . One man asked me out again and picked me up outside the houses I lived in , within minutes of meeting he asked me did I own my own house ( light bulb moment ) I lied and said no I rented . Never saw him again
I bet he was an Estate Agent.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Once and that was once too often the bloke never stopped talking about himself.
I know, and I still ain't changed.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 07:40 AM

Nope never been on one I set a pal up with one years ago and they went out together for a while but they didn't stay together,.

I would love to run a dating agency ...wouldn't that be fun playing Cupid
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

28-04-2018, 07:45 AM

Went on one with a Physics Teacher, but, there wasn't any Chemistry.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 08:40 AM

Once - never again! Someone at the hospital - I had spoken to him a few times on the telephone but never met him. Agreed to go out to dinner with him but we disliked each other on sight and never made it beyond aperitifs!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top