Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:55 AM

Re: Police helicopter

Hi

There were 4 crimes in April within a mile of where I live, where I am moving to there were 183.

It is just a fact of life.

Most of the crimes were young people, a lot late at night, early hours, outside takeaways etc.

They do not bother me because I will not be there, neither will I be getting involved with warring gangs of yobs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:57 AM

I don't think that most people go out of their way to be involved in crimes they are usually just in the wrong place at the wrong time .
However many crimes on the elderly take place in their own homes.
To be old is to be vulnerable.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't think that most people go out of their way to be involved in crimes they are usually just in the wrong place at the wrong time .
However many crimes on the elderly take place in their own homes.
To be old is to be vulnerable.
When I moved into my present flat the door had handles each side and a wheelchair ramp.
Several times, I had dodgy characters knock the door obviously expecting someone vulnerable to answer.
I keep a 3 foot wrecking bar beside the door in order to repel boarders now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was burgled three times LQ when I lived in Adel in Leeds which is supposed to be one of the better areas so I think you are not safe anywhere these days.

We moved out of Leeds but even so as I mentioned on the good morning thread the other day I had to call the police the other night because a gang of youths around my car in the early hours and the alarm went off,

I think it's a how society is going and we just have to deal with it.... it's scary though.
Yes, Adel is posh! Nevertheless, it must attract burglars because they know that's where the loot is!

Did the police actually come when the gang of yobs were around your car?

It is indeed how society is going, but the causes and the obvious solutions are clear for all to see.
Far fewer police and no real deterrent from the courts.
It upsets me to see our country deteriorating in this way, but it upsets me more knowing how easily the problem could be overcome with the right political will.
Our do-gooders have a great deal to answer for.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:04 PM

Someone stole the metal gates to our crematorium.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Someone stole the metal gates to our crematorium.
Perhaps it was a resident on a break-out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps it was a resident on a break-out.
Police said it was an open & shut case.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-07-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Police said it was an open & shut case.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-07-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They did actually steal the gates though along with the town map display case.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:41 PM

My Partners farm is a couple of miles outside a small village, so very very quiet here. When I go to my own home in Perth it's also quiet, long time neighbours and know each other well, we all gel nicely.
There was a couple of guys nosing around the gardens a few years ago, I awoke with my Maggie growling, so I peeked out the window and saw a shape at the shed. I had 3 Old English Sheepies at that time and I just opened the back door and they all flew out barking lol. The snoopers about broke their necks getting over the bottom fence and have never been back.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top