Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 11:57 PM

Re: Ghost Dog

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No, after taking my dog for a walk, she is sort of unwilling to come back into the house, when she is in, she scratches the back door to go into the garden, and sits about 5 yards from the house looking back in.

Spitty, has she always done that or only recently?

She will know if you have a 'visitor' long before you do.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:00 AM

She is a rescue dog, and very brave in a shallow sort of way, but very timid also, she is very perceptive, you get a sense she is seeing something.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:03 AM

She is a rescue dog, and very brave in a shallow sort of way, but very timid also, she is very perceptive, you get a sense she is seeing something.

Yes, but how long has she been acting like this?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:05 AM

I have said before that during the Spring/Summer months when, I can complete some of my work on the patio, I spend a lot of time throwing a ball up the garden for the dog to retrieve, sometimes when coming back down the garden with her ball, she takes a wide detour round an invisible obstacle, in the middle of the lawn, this coupled with her avoidance antics, must mean something.
Maybe she hurt herself on that spot and associates it with a past event which caused her pain or distress.
Chloe suddenly refused to walk between two boats which are stored in the field meaning we have to go through the mud instead, nothing would make her go there. I racked my brains and remembered an incident where she started limping on that spot (I posted about it at time) she had stepped on a nettle and it had stung the soft flesh between the pads. Your dog may have stepped on a stone/thorn something which caused pain .

If you put a tasty tipbit where the invisible obstacle is a few times she will learn to associate the spot with something pleasurable
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:06 AM

We have had her three years, she is a Staffie Patterdale cross, a real live wire, a risk taker, but easily spooked.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:09 AM

There may be triggers that make her wary, other than a 'ghost dog' Being a rescue dog you don't know what lies in her background. My daughter has a rescue dog who had similar issues.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-02-2016, 12:11 AM

I have reasoned that the claws sound could have been a mouse, albeit a loud one, but the single bark, maybe I was dozing, and dreamt it, time will tell.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-02-2016, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
There may be triggers that make her wary, other than a 'ghost dog' Being a rescue dog you don't know what lies in her background. My daughter has a rescue dog who had similar issues.

But Meg & Mesco, neither of your dogs 'wariness' explains why Spitty heard another dog himself, does it. (Assuming he was sober)

Spitty, if you don't flippin' well answer my question I shall have to slap you!
Has she been doing this since you first got her, or only recently??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-02-2016, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I agree, she is an anomaly, she has fried best quality mince most days, and goes outside when she hears the sizzling sound.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-02-2016, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But Meg & Mesco, neither of your dogs 'wariness' explains why Spitty heard another dog himself, does it. (Assuming he was sober)

Spitty, if you don't flippin' well answer my question I shall have to slap you!
Has she been doing this since you first got her, or only recently??
The incident at 4.00am this morning was my problem, not my dogs, but I thought her behaviour might substantiate something.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top