Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:51 PM

Re: Escape to the Country

I'm always amazed at that too, you have an older couple just the two of them, and they want a massive house with a minimum of 4 bedrooms and the kitchen is never big enough even though they often admit that they don't cook.
Outside they often want a couple of acres, with an idea of living the good life and it's just not going to happen.
Why do you need to heat, decorate and maintain a huge house in later life when it makes sense to make life easier not more difficult.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You cynical lot
I love ETTC especially when it is the ever so slightly sarcastic Alastair Appleton or the really sweet Jonnie Irwin and I don't give a dam if the people buy the property or not. I have had 45 mins of escapism looking at some lovely houses I can dream of but could never afford unless I win the premium bond then I might be be on there myself
Don't get me wrong Meg, I still really enjoy ETTC and record every programme. We love Alastair's hand movements, the sweetness of Jonnie, even the jerky movements of Aled Jones' head, down to the ruddy cheeks of Jules
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
I'm always amazed at that too, you have an older couple just the two of them, and they want a massive house with a minimum of 4 bedrooms and the kitchen is never big enough even though they often admit that they don't cook.
Outside they often want a couple of acres, with an idea of living the good life and it's just not going to happen.
Why do you need to heat, decorate and maintain a huge house in later life when it makes sense to make life easier not more difficult.
And most of them have children who adore them - all of whom will want to spend Christmas with them and lots of friends too !!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Don't get me wrong Meg, I still really enjoy ETTC and record every programme. We love Alastair's hand movements, the sweetness of Jonnie, even the jerky movements of Aled Jones' head, down to the ruddy cheeks of Jules
Can't stand the inept Alad, that 'Nurse' woman or the slightly patronising 'Jules' .
There was a lovely Asian girl on recently, I would like to see more of her and Nikki Chapman
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

17-01-2015, 05:03 PM

I've got used to Aled - but not too keen on the Nurse !!

I haven't seen the Asian girl yet as we've got all these recorded from before Xmas and not got around to seeing them yet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
I've got used to Aled - but not too keen on the Nurse !!

I haven't seen the Asian girl yet as we've got all these recorded from before Xmas and not got around to seeing them yet.
I find Aled embarrassing he put his arm round someone once and they looked distinctly unimpressed he also makes inane jokes .
I might have to slap him if he is on with me when I win my millions and escape not to the county because I am there already but to a posh house
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Most folks want an open plan Kitchen-Dining area, so they can chat to folks whilst cooking, wouldn't do for me, I try to discourage visitors.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

17-01-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I find Aled embarrassing he put his arm round someone once and they looked distinctly unimpressed he also makes inane jokes .
I might have to slap him if he is on with me when I win my millions and escape not to the county because I am there already but to a posh house
I'm in the country too, but would really like a bedroom with a walk on balcony !! For the odd day it doesn't rain

They wouldn't have me on their programme, as I can't stand converted Chapels/churches, Beams, Stairs coming out of the lounge (too cold), road traffic noise and if that's what I told them at the start, then I wouldn't want to waste my time viewing !
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

17-01-2015, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Most folks want an open plan Kitchen-Dining area, so they can chat to folks whilst cooking, wouldn't do for me, I try to discourage visitors.
Yes, that's it !!

Do you mean you try to discourage visitors fullstop or just in the kitchen?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 05:25 PM

It always amazes me the amount of money the couple have in the first place.! I'm obviously in the wrong job

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top