Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Re: Jazzi in the hot seat.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Jazzi my first question is where were you born & brought up?
Hi Carol, I was born in Walthamstow, where I live now. I saw no reason to leave home (and couldn't afford to), and when I was mid 30s we moved out to a park home in Essex, I moved out to a flat for a year or so, then bought this home, back in my home town, 22 years ago.

I know the area so well.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Good morning Jazzi

My question is... Are you having a holiday this year and where?
Hi SS,
Most definitely! Just a question of finding something that I like. I have the 4 nights in Bournemouth in August, but I want much more. Toying with the idea of not planting much on the allotment so I can have as many trips away as is feasibly possible, so that when I finish holidays in August I can look for my new dog.

Last night was searching for something and was sorely tempted to book time away in May in Swanage, for a week. I want to spend at least a week away per month, starting with April. Will be B&Bs, caravan or cottage, and I will choose from Isle of Wight and Dorset probably.

Would love to visit the Canadian Rockies, very much. Last place on my bucket list.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-03-2016, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Good morning Jazzi, I know you are always busy but do you ever have time to spend with your family members?
Hi Twink,
Yes, but only younger sister, and my brother. Older sister tends to keep us at arms length and any meeting is on her terms, so I tend not to push it. She lives an hour's drive away, and won't encourage visits from people other than her own children.

As with my other siblings, try to see them maybe once a month, but they too are busy. Sister works odd hours at Sainsburys and she has her children/GC and is always out with family or friends. Similarly brother spends time with his wife's 2 daughters and their families, so both are busy. I also have a couple of other friends that I try to make time for.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning Janet I know you like gardening, what is your favourite vegetable and variety of that vegerable.
Hi Meg. I have several favourites but can't pinpoint a variety, I'm afraid! .

I grow just what I eat. Absolute fave are potatoes, onions, peas and broad beans (both can be prone to black fly), carrots, cabbage. Parsnips, I love, but I pulled my plants up, thinking they were weeds.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-03-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Hi Jazzi
I see you love books and writing so what sort of books do you enjoy reading and which type of writing do you enjoy the most.?
Hi Aysa,
I read thrillers, mostly, anything with humour in it and some type of chick lit (not the Bridget Jones variety). My favourite authors are:

Simon Kernick, Stephen Leather, Tim Weaver, Peter James (for the thrillers)

Carole Matthews, Jill Mansell, (chick lit)

Mike Gayle, Bill Bryson, Sophie Kinsella, Deric Longden (for the humour).

Just read a library book about a young girl who was murdered, and the killer came as a surprise and shock. Love that type.

My own writing is in the thriller/mystery genre, especially the two projects on the go ATM. I also do short stories: one is with humour, one is about a woman exposing her husband's infidelity at a dinner party. I can't bash out light hearted chick lit as they start to veer towards the dark side, and take on that type of genre.

Apart from the novel that most people know about, the murder and the the fall out afterwards, I have another story about a woman who conjures up a figment of her imagination to exact revenge on people who hurt her. This came about from my own troubles, and I thought, get it all down and out on paper. Can be quite therapeutic, frightening people, but only from my mind!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-03-2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Have you finished chapter two yet of your novel?
Hi Carol,
Crikey, yes! I have about 60,000 words completed! I only gave out the first two chapters to those wanting to read it, rather than the (half complete) manuscript already done.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-03-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Jazzi, at what age did you first get into gardening?
Hi Alan,
Probably late in life. I had an allotment when I first had my rented flat, so about late 30s, on the cusp of 40s. It was very unsuitable earth, I remember, almost like clay. It was the old boy in the flat below me who introduced me to it, but he was a busy body and he and other people loved to interfere!

When I bought my present home I had a full plot on my present site but couldn't manage it. So I let it go. That could have been any time between 20 to 15 years ago. Do remember watching Concorde flying overhead. (ah, lovely memories.) I had a good rest in between before finally going back there round about 7-8 years ago.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-03-2016, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Morning Jazzi, you hold a private pilot's licence, so where did you learn to fly?
Morning Barry. I first had a trial lesson at Stapleford in Essex, as it was close to home (and my parents ended up living nearby), but when my parents sold up the family home in 1988 and bought the caravan in St Osyth, Essex, in 1989 Mum and I popped in to Clacton airfield, so I could make enquiries. That's where I decided to train. No landing fees, free airspace for doing he stalls and spins for training, great for just doing circuits or flying along the coastline, and for the cross country runs.

My health started to deteriorate, though, when still in training (my RA), and after a few years also I bought this flat and couldn't do both.

I still fly in my head and have kept all my books, equipment, AND I bought a heftily expensive set of training stuff (DvD etc) from a show some years ago, even thought I knew my flying days were over. I can't let go of that interest.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-03-2016, 11:29 AM

That's all for now folks. Thank you very much. I've enjoyed answering your questions. Till the next batch come along, I must get ready and go out!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 11:36 AM

You are always busy and, not that I would try to dissuade you from being so, I wonder if you ever think about flopping in front of the TV and doing nothing. Sometimes putting your own wants and needs first is good for you

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top