Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:04 PM

Re: Ambition

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I was thinking I would do just that if I tried for it and was offered it...
Ask for a year's trial, for their benefit as well as mine!
Yes, ask for a trial period. That was my problem in one of my jobs, demotion was not an option.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:05 PM

Trouble is Rhian, you do the trial and get used to the money, its hard to walk away
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Trouble is Rhian, you do the trial and get used to the money, its hard to walk away
Yes Missy that's true
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:09 PM

I.ve never been ambitious and I must admit as i.ve got older I feel that I want to live a slower pace of life and certainly do not want stress which everyone knows can be dangerous. However some people thrive on stress and function better with a certain amount. If it were me wouldn't be interested but if you feel you could cope should it be stressful and you need/want the extra brass then I would go for it. Work out the pros and cons and as someone else said go with your gut. Good luck with your decision xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:10 PM

Rhian I have never been ambitious or had the kind of job where it was even possible to have ambition.

Money was never something I considered either which is just as well when my starting wage as £1 a week and my keep .

The most important thing is what will give you the most satisfaction earning more and sacrificing some precious time or carrying on as you are.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:12 PM

Rhian,

Congratulations! You are obviously highly valued and respected to be encouraged towards a promotion.

Since you are a working mom, have you considered some financial planning?

Have you thought about how this offer will also affect your future goals like when you hope to retire or semi-retire, and how much money will you need to afford a lifestyle that will suit you?

By talking to somone you might be able to make a better-educated decision on balance, income, and quality of life both in the short and long run.

Good luck!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:13 PM

I would go for it; you can always scale back later if you believe you have made a mistake.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Rhian I have never been ambitious or had the kind of job where it was even possible to have ambition.

Money was never something I considered either which is just as well when my starting wage as £1 a week and my keep .

The most important thing is what will give you the most satisfaction earning more and sacrificing some precious time or carrying on as you are.
Excellent food for thought Meg
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

14-03-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Rhian,

Congratulations! You are obviously highly valued and respected to be encouraged towards a promotion.

Since you are a working mom, have you considered some financial planning?

Have you thought about how this offer will also affect your future goals like when you hope to retire or semi-retire, and how much money will you need to afford a lifestyle that will suit you?

By talking to somone you might be able to make a better-educated decision on balance, income, and quality of life both in the short and long run.

Good luck!
That's great advice too Surfermom thank you

I am indecisive
Talking with others would help
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
That's great advice too Surfermom thank you

I am indecisive
Talking with others would help

I know you have a lot to think about....

Party like a rock star now.... or later.....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top