Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 10:31 AM

Re: Washing up anyone?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We had bit of a production line going, me washing, Nathan drying and Steven putting away, bit of a squish in my tiny kitchen but very appreciated.
That is the way to do it Julie! I have had dishwashers for more than 30 years, but sometimes I find that doing it by hand, with others, is much better. When friends and family come for a meal I often say " Oh lets do it by hand" and nobody objects because the conversation continues in the Kitchen and there is no dishwasher to unstack later!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 10:49 AM

I don't have a dishwasher and am always left to do the clearing up alone .

It was a nightmare when the three little ones were all in high chairs and doing 'baby led weaning' so I had to scrape food off and wash the floor before I could start on the dishes .

It is all down to organisation and rinsing and stacking everything before start on doing the proper wash.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 11:40 AM

My son in law washed all the dishes and saucepans by hand in no time at all, this was for 9 people, I gave him a pat on the back.
Three days before Christmas last year their oven packed up, but they managed to get a new one installed in time, this year it was the dishwasher.
Our friend found her freezer had gone down Christmas eve, fortunately she had the sense to cook her turkey for dinner immediately.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 11:46 AM

Do you ever think the adults would be better in the high chairs and the children sat at the table Meg? I didnīt actually have any mess on the floor to be honest, my friendīs little dog made short work of anything dropped and I plead guilty to letting two friends rinse and stack the first dishwasher load. Washing up by hand though I am really best left to deal with it myself in my own way and in my own time.

Talking of dishwashers, for years Iīve used the Quantum brand, but a few weeks ago someone suggested I try the new fairy ones, I did and they really are a whole lot better, even low temperature wash everything comes out spotless and sparkling.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
My son in law washed all the dishes and saucepans by hand in no time at all, this was for 9 people, I gave him a pat on the back.
Three days before Christmas last year their oven packed up, but they managed to get a new one installed in time, this year it was the dishwasher.
Our friend found her freezer had gone down Christmas eve, fortunately she had the sense to cook her turkey for dinner immediately.
Isnīt it odd how these things always break down at the most inconvenient times. There were 17 people here for dinner last night, starters, main course, varying desserts, everything put out buffet style, 8 people on the dining table, 5 people on the table in the sun room, and 4 people on a garden table fetched indoors. No turkey we had beef and pork with all the trimmings. I wouldnīt want to do it every day but once a year I donīt mind.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 12:56 PM

Clumsy, sounds like a nice restaurant to go to, then I noticed it is in Spain
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

26-12-2015, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Clumsy, sounds like a nice restaurant to go to, then I noticed it is in Spain
Iīm told itīs the best restaurant around Wrinkly, albeit a very noisy one with all kinds of funny languages and everyone trying to understand everyone else
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:25 PM

I did most of the washing up at my sister's, but left a few roasting tins. We were re-using bowls and cutlery, so it seemed to go on and on. And she never puts anything into soak.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top