Join for free
Page 19 of 28 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:24 PM

Re: Having fun.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
How would any of you have felt, that due to Fogey’s deliberate ‘go slow’ to make a point, that some of the held up people behind him, got back to their car and found a parking ticket slapped on it?!!
I'd wonder what they'd been doing for the other 1h 30m or how silly to cut it so fine or why park illegally?

The very same people that expect planes to wait for them?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'd wonder what they'd been doing for the other 1h 30m or how silly to cut it so fine or why park illegally?
I meant in a car park, not illegally!
That is my first thought when l am stuck in a ‘slow coach’ shop queue!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:26 PM

The ironic thing is, if there had been no posts of disagreement, this thread would have ‘died’ ages ago!
I would agree with that and everybody is entitled to have their own opinion, but must accept that others will challenge it if they disagree.
That is what discussion is all about.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:29 PM

The ironic thing is, if there had been no posts of disagreement, this thread would have ‘died’ ages ago!
That's just what I was thinking Art.

Twizzle & Tara you are stars!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
That's just what I was thinking Art.

Twizzle & Tara you are stars!!
I would also remind people of the reaction to one of Boozercruiser’s threads where a shop assistant had been rude to him. The majority of posters had a go at Boozer and stuck up for the shop assistant!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Why should there be?

What next, for the elderly or infirm to be forced into wearing an item of clothing to identify them? To have a bell to ring as they walk around the store chanting "slow slow"?

Why should the elderly or infirm be treated like social out casts just because they don't go fast enough for you?
But if there isn't a section which caters for their needs, they are going to get picked on by people who are impatient at being held up by them. Ok that isn't right, but sadly that is what happens.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-02-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would agree with that and everybody is entitled to have their own opinion, but must accept that others will challenge it if they disagree.
That is what discussion is all about.
Yes, I know that! Twink. I was just confused at the remarks that there were lots of pages and they needed popcorn!
It has been a discussion, not WW3!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:36 PM

I would also remind people of the reaction to one of Boozercruiser’s threads where a shop assistant had been rude to him. The majority of posters had a go at Boozer and stuck up for the shop assistant!

Quite right too, his behaviour was arrogant and pompous.

It was in no way whatever mischievous or intending (that bit about intent is important here) to be harmless.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:41 PM

Yes, I know that! Twink. I was just confused at the remarks that there were lots of pages and they needed popcorn!
It has been a discussion, not WW3!
Some people just like to read what is being said. If they don't like it nobody will stop them moving to another thread....unless it gets nasty and is removed!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:41 PM

I meant in a car park, not illegally!
That is my first thought when l am stuck in a ‘slow coach’ shop queue!!
But as Tpin pointed out Art...why would people choose to cut it so fine as to shop in the last minutes before a ticket ran out. I NEVER manage to shop without queuing where I am so I certainly wouldn't risk it.

Page 19 of 28 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top