Join for free
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 12:39 PM

Re: Unwelcoming and hostile

Originally Posted by emjay ->
if you are, you should stick together.
:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

Smiles on strike?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

Smiles on strike?
Would seem so.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 01:27 PM

I rarely leave a message on anyone's profile page when I view it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 01:50 PM

Message to Various Members who will recognise themselves I'm sure.

Don't you think that rather than post publicly about your personal differences and perceived slights which may well have been wrongly perceived, let's face it, it might be a good idea to drop the person a private message rather than air your dirty knickers publicly... Especially if they've arrived by pigeon post from another forum?

Just my opinion.

Also it might be diplomatic in this case to sent the honourable member a link to the particular thread which explains the recent health issues.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 02:18 PM

It doesn't always do to get involved with others squabbles but agree with you ruthio. A new forum, a new beginning.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Don't you think that rather than post publicly about your personal differences and perceived slights which may well have been wrongly perceived, let's face it, it might be a good idea to drop the person a private message rather than air your dirty knickers publicly... Especially if they've arrived by pigeon post from another forum?

Just my opinion.

Also it might be diplomatic in this case to sent the honourable member a link to the particular thread which explains the recent health issues.
Yes it would be a good idea if new members were allowed to send pm,s , but as daft rules stop people from doing sensible things like pm's, complain to the person/s who made the daft rule.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 02:26 PM

Just my opinion..

I agree ruthio. I wasn't keen how the forum in general got blamed and called cliquey over a private spat though.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 02:32 PM

Just my opinion.

Hear Hear Ruth Well Said....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 02:36 PM

Just my opinion.

I agree Ruthio and while new people may not have access to Personal Messages they do have access to Visitors Messages
on their profile pages

Visitors Messages may not be as private as Personal Messages but as some members have no problem with
airing their differences on the forums for all to see I don't know why this should be a problem.

Now could people please keep their personal arguments off the forum.
Thank you

ETA I think this thread is done so it is being locked.

Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top