Join for free
Page 18 of 70 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 > Last »
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 07:54 PM

Re: Gay marriage

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mike a complex question I can't easily answer also this thread is about gay marriage not pedophiles but I will reply briefly....

The definition of a ‘pervert’ is....
(Noun) a person whose sexual behaviour is considered strange and unpleasant by most people ; an immoral or corrupt person
So this definition could indeed be applied to pedophiles.
While not 'defending them' because there is no defence on those who prey on children (and for me a natural duty of care to a child should override all other feelings) I tend to think of them as people with some kind of brain abnormality or disorder that we have yet to understand. Only by understanding why they behave as they do can we hope to prevent them offending.

Taking into consideration the the definition of a 'pervert' I fail to see how two consenting adults of any sex loving each other could be considered to be 'strange and unpleasant ;immoral or corrupt persons'

I don't consider homosexuals to be any different to heterosexuals in that they are just people who have loving relationships. The only difference is their relationship is with members of the same sex.
I visualise sexuality as a line, heterosexuals at one end and homosexuals at the other end. Everyone has a place on the line including those people who fall somewhere in between with a desire for both sexes. The only ones who don't are those with no sexual desire at all.
So I would say if you are going to call homosexuals 'perverts' you might as well say we all are.

I think love between consenting adults is a wonderful thing whatever sex they happen to be .

ETA Mike I am sorry to learn your wife is ill, I wish her a speedy recovery.
(Noun) a person whose sexual behaviour is considered strange and unpleasant by most people ; an immoral or corrupt person

Its changed over the years from most people back in the sixties to just some of us these days.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 10:10 PM

1964, I was 20. Poofter bashing was a national sport in Australia.
I went to Vietnam to fight against :AS the Americans termed them Gooks.
The Americans were largely Numbered as they termed Nigers.
Maybe I was to young to really notice but Nobody seemed to care much about name calling back then.
Maybe because we were not Educated to the standard they are today, We have untold thousands of Highly educated with nothing better to do than go around complaining about everything.
Also about that Era was the condemnation on Apathy and I being Dutch S/African copped my share of ribbing back then.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
This took two and a half years to get justice from the fascist police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-26816850
this should never have occurred - the law was correct but the police and their interpretation was wrong and the minister was rightly compensated. There are numerous Acts of law in UK that do not permit you to either use racist remarks or defame persons in various ways and people can be reported and brought to justice within those laws. You CANNOT just say what you feel like saying - there are always parameters.

Sue_Arnolds original comment if I remember correctly referred to all gays as perverts - she did not direct it at any particular person - it would be an interesting one to test in the community in real time ! - you may wish to try it sometime Sue?

However many people took offense to the comment and quite rightly so as did the Admin. There is no court of law here but the Admin makes the final call
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 12:41 AM

and on a more cheerful note?:

My wife said I am grossly perverted
Because I walk around shirtless
Well excuse me for breathing
But when I’m jogging; I’m weaving
And shirts get in the way of my breasts!

I take showers with three or more guests
I think getting to know them is best
They have never complained
And jumped in again
And that is my yard stick and test

My wife says swinging on chandeliers
Is positively perverted and queer
I said when the drop hits the slot
I get terrible hot
But your yells keep me going my dear!

We once did it nude in the woods
The kangos thought we were terrible good
But they wanted to box
Not show off our c...s
And we ended face down in the mud!
oceantide
New Member!
Niagara Falls Canada
oceantide is female 

04-07-2014, 02:16 PM

Shame on you Sue Arnold!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by oceantide ->
Shame on you Sue Arnold!
Ive had to go back a few pages to see what your comment was about,I dont see what all the fuss was about ,Sue Arnold was expressing her personal view ,,which ive seen other posters do on other threads some of which have offended me but ive considered it their Personal View and thats what freedom of speech is all about .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Ive had to go back a few pages to see what your comment was about,I dont see what all the fuss was about ,Sue Arnold was expressing her personal view ,,which ive seen other posters do on other threads some of which have offended me but ive considered it their Personal View and thats what freedom of speech is all about .
Thing is with free speech people also have the right to say shame on you, can't expect to say something and others not have the right to reply, is the way I always understand it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 03:51 PM

Eliza - Julie, you are both correct.
Sometimes we may seem out of order with a response to a subject, but there may be an underlying reason for that. I have reacted strongly with regards to child abuse - its a subject that tears me apart and will react.
Although I understand the response to Sue Arnold, I gave her leeway there ..... rightly or wrongly ........
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 04:58 PM

Yes - these personal opinions are perfectly acceptable aren't they?

Why give these perverts any rights.
Im not anti Gay.

A man who buggers his wife to me is also a pervert.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Yes - these personal opinions are perfectly acceptable aren't they?
To her yes - she may be misguided, we don't know the reasons for her thinking - do we .........

Page 18 of 70 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top