Join for free
Page 17 of 370 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:32 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wasn't feeling it this morning, managed to propel myself around an eight mile course under the blazing sun, stuck a few pace changes in but arrived home in bits.....Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do......Cos there ain't no cure for the summertime blues.....Is it bedtime yet?
8 miles a day seems a bit too much for me at the moment. I have a 4 mile route worked out and currently running that distance daily, with reps now and then. Will attempt a longer run maybe 1x or 2x a week. Will be timing myself over 3 miles soon.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 10:10 PM

This getting old stuff seems to be getting out of hand, my old man would have said "let it go". a long time ago, but then again, did he collapse too early, commensurate with the era?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Today instead of a swim I ventured out on my bike!
First time in a couple of years, just a little ride of a couple of miles around our local Common.
It felt good!
I suppose I should wear a helmet?
Probably should wear a helmet but I don't.

I think it's good to do a couple of forms of exercise if you can. The sets of muscles used for each sort are definitely different.

A combination of swimming and cycling should give lots of different muscles a work-out.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Probably should wear a helmet but I don't.

I think it's good to do a couple of forms of exercise if you can. The sets of muscles used for each sort are definitely different.

A combination of swimming and cycling should give lots of different muscles a work-out.
Good idea Mart, swimming is a good all round exercise on it's own but I wouldn't recommend wearing a helmet though, you would probably sink head first. Unless they make a buoyant one!

Should have been a rest day today but with the sun streaming through the window at 6:30 am I couldn't resist going for a walk, with a bit of jogging thrown in after I had eaten my apple. I took the lane out into the country and did a lap of the wood and was surprised to see a deer leg it over two fields when I disturbed him, or her.
Nice to saunter for a change.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 04:47 PM

I've been looking at the photos of your routes OGF (not hair roots) . A very pleasant area to be. It is nice to go slower sometimes. More time to appreciate the countryside if fast times aren't the primary goal.

I'd have to wear a buoyant helmet if I went swimming. Then the life-savers would be able to see the top of my head if nothing else.

Cycled 10 miles today. Nothing different in the route, just the usual one. I know how long it is (slightly less than 10 miles to be accurate) and how long I'll be away from the house.

A nice day for the ride. The next one should be on Thursday, if it doesn't rain. My brother and I are fair-weather cyclists.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-06-2016, 04:33 PM

I said the next ride might be Thursday ..and so it was. Another ten mile ride. More tomorrow (I think).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 08:30 PM

Nice going Mart, I hope you managed to avoid the rain showers.
Tuesday's run was under a clear blue sky, it started off a bit wobbly but once I got warmed up it turned out better than expected with a strong finish and a not too shabby time. I was sweating quite heavily though and made my mind up to have a steady one on Thursday.

With another fine sunny morning Thursday was a nice steady amble around deserted country roads. For the first four miles I felt comfortable but as I reached half way I could feel some heavyness creeping into my quads and running was becoming laboured. I managed to make it home intact but I was surprised that even though I had adopted a very relaxed pace I had come out of it pretty bad.

Over sixty percent humidity could be half of the story, but recovery seems to be taking longer these days.

After checking the weather for tomorrow it looks like the planned walk will go ahead.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 12:51 PM

Had a few days off from running though for 4 days previous I had carried out some decent paced runs over 4-5 miles. Decided to try 10 miles last night to make up for the torpor of the last few days. Very pleasantly suprised as I didn't miss a beat and found it quite easy. Was following a runner at around 7 miles and he looked to be running at a decent pace but I realized I was reeling him in so I was running that much faster . Overtook him and then started reeling in another runner further ahead. If they were looking tasty then I must have been looking even tastier . After all it is all about looks on these runs .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

01-07-2016, 04:47 PM

No rain was forecast by the BBC and Met Office web sites for our area, so we decided to set off on a ride. The forecast was wrong. Being fair-weather cyclists (as mentioned), we called off our ride about halfway round due to the rain that wasn't forecast.

The result was a 9 mile ride that involved no uphill struggles. However, we did manage lunch in the park, eaten under the trees (because it was raining). From there to the pub where we downed a couple of pints of Abbot Ale. The food and beer will have more than replaced any calories expended by our ride.

Oh well ..win some lose some I suppose.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
If they were looking tasty then I must have been looking even tastier . After all it is all about looks on these runs .
Oh FGS !!!

Page 17 of 370 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top