Join for free
Page 165 of 1676 « First < 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 665 1165 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 10:20 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Naughty girl.

The wife and me went out to see my brother and his wife this morning, they live about ten miles outside the city. We haven’t been out with them in years and I hate going there but we had family business to see to and it couldn’t be avoided. Anyway I’m telling you this because his missus is one of those women who insists you take off your shoes in the hall before you go into the house proper, God I hate that stupid ritual, all your short of doing is taking a thurible with incense puffing out of it and bowing all the way into the sitting room. She usually wears one of those Japanese kimono things with her big fat arse sticking out like a duck, she’s weird, so is he come to think of it, but you know what they say “As God makes them he matches them” Her’s is the only house I know of who insist on this no shoes thing, as for lighting up a fag, out of the question, not a snowballs chance in hell, We were in and out in 15 minutes, in future anymore business can be done by email.
my son is married to a Thai girl and lived in Thailand for years - no one wears shoes indoors over there - when you visit there are rows and rows and rows of shoes outdoors same at the temple - keeps the homes terrible clean but is considered a sign of respect. I think it was also a Jewish practice before we all turned Christian!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 11:19 PM

I don't go abroad, not since I took that job as a commission only salesman for a double glazing company in El Azizia.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I don't go abroad, not since I took that job as a commission only salesman for a double glazing company in El Azizia.
I believe there was a Scottish pub there called "The Glasgow Inn"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 11:44 PM

Your son married a Thai girl Gumbud, well done him, I know two brothers who married two Pilipino sisters, they live just down the street next door to each other, there are plenty of Philippine families in Dublin now, don’t think I’ve come across anyone from Thailand so far..
In the few countries I visited I always had great respect for their customs and way of life, I would have no problem taking off me shoes if everyone else did it, but it ain’t the custom over here yet, this one just thinks she’s above the rest of us.
As you say it could be an old Jewish custom, no wonder Mary Magdalene was forever on her knees washing Jesus’s feet, him being Jewish, what with walking around all day preaching and climbing Mount Olive his feet must have been perpetually manky, to say nothing of the blisters and carbuncles.
Wasn’t the washing of the feet a sort of ritual done with perfumed oils and flannel cloths, Thank God it’s not a custom here, I’d hate to have to wash the wife’s mince meat, they are definitely not her best feature.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 11:53 PM

One day they will be Digitized.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
One day they will be Digitized.
haven't seen many that aren't seen one or two with extras just waiting for a chance to get moving!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 09:23 AM

I had a Thai girlfriend once,if that counts?
It ended the day I mentioned my nuts were really sweaty and she replied
"I used to have the same problem".
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-01-2017, 08:49 PM

Some people just can’t handle retirement, poor old Josh up in the local is one of them. They let him go just before Christmas, his time was up in the government office he worked in, but he couldn’t grasp that fact, they practically had to use a blowtorch to separate him from his desk, he had been welded to it for nearly 50 years, now he’s walking around like Moses in the desert, he hasn’t a clue what to do with himself, can’t see him lasting long in the old folks ranks, as RJ says “Old age ain’t no place for wimps”
I told him to get a hold of himself, take himself and the missus on a World cruise and start enjoying his lump sum and his very generous pension but I might as well be talking to the wall "Couldn't do that Jem, we need all the money we have for a rainy day. I'm out of work now you know" Christ you'd think he was a pauper who was just granted immortality, he's loaded the miserable old git, he has enough in the bank to last him and her two lifetimes, rainy day how are yeh.
Terrible what a lifetime of woking in the same job can do to some folks, retirement is supposed to be a fun and happy time, a reward for giving a third of your life to your work, I just can’t understand why some people get all cut up about leaving a job, they knew it had to come someday and they’ve had years of time to think about what to do when it comes.
I find that the fella who’s counting the days to retirement, when he finally kicks the job goodbye and walks out the door to freedom, will make the best of his lot, will be a more cheerful chap and live longer too.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 09:47 PM

Rather than have sex,my lass prefers to caress my 'old chap' with her keyring.

Mind you-she's always fobbing me off....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-01-2017, 11:33 PM

Those old ‘seal’ fobs are becoming fashionable again with the waistcoats some young lads are starting to wear, so too the heavy chain or ‘Albert’ as they call them, it would be wise to take care of your old Albert, keep it clean with hot soapy water and wrap it in tissue paper when storing it away, could be useful again someday..

Page 165 of 1676 « First < 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 665 1165 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top