Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:16 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Rubber has stifled life, and in some manifestations has a curious aroma.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Rubber has stifled life, and in some manifestations has a curious aroma.
I think they are made of plastic these days.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I think they are made of plastic these days.

So they will end up in the Sea?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
So they will end up in the Sea?
I hope not.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-04-2019, 11:09 PM

Good Night Scribbles.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 11:35 AM

Alas & Alack , I have sad news. I have, just this morning received an e-mail from my ginger twin cousins Ronald & Donald Balfour who have somehow recently learnt of my correspondence concerning my late (there’s a clue) dear aunt Phythian.

Suffice to say that she passed away peacefully in Penge just a few days short of her hundredth birthday.
Perhaps providing positive proof, pending professional publication that will result in a full biography from notes made over a number of years by her acclaimed ambidextrous ailing amanuensis Annabel Abbott. Did I mention her?

I fear she is no more, demised
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:36 PM

My deepest sympathy for your Aunt Phythian RJ.
I have not heard you mention the lovely Annabel Abbott before RJ, i shall look forward to any dispatches concerning this lady, unleash Annabel i say, Ding dong!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Commiserations on reading that dear Aunt Phythian is no more Robert however if her legacy is to be your reminiscing of Annabel Abbott (no relations to that awful Diane Abbott woment I hope) then she truly left us with a promising read . So as Jem says Ding Dong
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 02:33 PM

Ding Dong

That's Leslie Phillips ennit

No matter.Aunt Phythian.
Back in the 1970’s I kept a colony of guinea pigs in a big shed in the garden with a huge wire run adjoining.
I also kept Shelties, Peruvian long haired & Abyssinian.
I must have developed my cavy interest from my aunt Phythian whose animals were reknown for their quiet & placid nature. Her first name was Dymphna , the tragic and beautiful Irish Princess
Aunt Phythian ‘s husband Algernon had a massive heart attack , leaving her a widow with 17 children to care for, all girls.
The shock of uncle Algernon’s sudden death & the realisation that she’d never have a boy now , resulted in her hair going white, then falling out altogether.
An ingenious solution was close to hand, she simply trained some of her better long haired Peruvian cavies to sit motionless on her head, sometimes for hours on end.
This little ruse was a great success, gaining many compliments from her fellow cavy keepers & looks of incredulity from the more streetwise folk.
Bless her, for when she discovered that her most used pet “Florian” suffered from vertigo.,she abandoned her ruse & began to appear quite bald in public.

You are in luck chums. I found some notes in a diary from way back. information which must ha vee come via the lady AA..

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 02:39 PM

Poor dear Aunt Phythian, my condolences

I too, will look forward to reading about the amanuensis (I had to look that one up) Annabel Abbott, Robert.

I am sitting comfortably, let the stories begin

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top