Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 10:55 AM

Re: Who would you rescue?

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It was Lee the other day, today its Mall, tomorrow itll be Peter or Andy

I never know who the heck is referring to!

Its when people arent addressed in posts by their preferred forum name, thats all, dont worry about it Mups

Oh . . thank you for explaining . . . I think . .

I've always been 'Mups' by the way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm really confused. I came in on page 11.
No confusion LD I assume in this instance the post above, Ruthio's post was aimed at myself . See the above quoted posts ..

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Mall
Mall?????

There should be no confusion, as you will see from my post I quoted the member I was addressing. http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...19#post1381519

Mall/'mesco m' has been a member here for a very long time and when there were fewer of us we often used real names when quoting people and still do and that goes for Azz too.

ETA If anyone has any suggestions to make about what is or is not allowed on the site will they please address them to Admin rather than disrupting threads
thanks .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 11:27 AM

**Post deleted, if anyone else wishes to discuss how people are addressed on the site please contact Admin.
Thanks.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 07:24 PM

Mall?????
If you deliberately choose a certain name for your forum identity, then couldnt we all agree to always use that name on the forum?

Im easily confused

Originally Posted by ruthio
SO really its just another clique then isnt it, where you all address one another by real names because you go way back together?

For the rest of us who arrived later it can be confusing, but you know that because weve discussed it before!
Oh for goodness sakes Ruthio - it was perfectly clear who Meg was referring to since she quoted the post and included "I agree...".

Additionally, if you needed to you could have clicked on Mall's profile and seen she has that as her first name.

Because I know you're intelligent enough to know this I can only deduce that you have a bee in your bonnet about something. Meg and Mags put a lot of time and effort into moderating this forum and they shouldn't have to put up with this kind of nonsense. Therefore I strongly suggest you stop this destructive behaviour otherwise I feel we'll have no choice but to ask you to find some other forum to participate on. I hope it doesn't come to that because I have nothing against you (or any other genuine member who respects the forum and participates in good faith).

For everyone else, there's no clique - in fact I myself often look at a person's profile and if I see they have input their first name I refer to them by it (but as Meg did too, by quoting their post so it's clear enough for everyone else as well).

With that said lets get back on topic. If you have an issue with any of this use the 'Contact Staff' section. Thanks.

Thread closed for 24 hours so this message is full absorbed.

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top