Join for free
Page 12 of 50 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:27 PM

Re: Staying put.

They have now rearranged it for next Thursday, after I refused to cancel a hospital scan on the Wednesday! Cheeky blighters seemed quite put out because I insisted on keeping my appointment.
I'm fed up with this lot, and that's before they even get here.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 09:40 AM

Could it be they 'forgot' and made up some pathetic excuse?

I went up to the bedding shop yesterday, with a plan of my bedroom, pen, and a tape measure (which the bloke nicked, thinking it was his! Soon got it back. Lol.)

Looked at

Overbed storage units (in catalogue, mind)
Beds
Wardrobes

Had long chats (inbetween him serving other customers) and I've come away with prices. Phoned bruv, asked about his overbed unit, he said it was already there, but was separate units. Ah, thought I. No good.

Looked online and Woolworths.co.uk have similar but much cheaper. I was quoted (for the Rauch Milos range) between 650-850. Eeeeekkk! That includes shelving, drawers and lights. I think I could go elsewhere for that.

Bed? He showed me a good one, 4ft6, so an ordinary double, with no sticky out frame that would take up room, but with clever storage. You lift up the mattress from the side, in two halves, revealing masses of storage! Wonderful. That'll be about £450.

Wardrobe, to fit in the space where my bed is (in a 4ft section of wall between the door and radiator), about £170.

Over budgeting, it'll be around £1500, IF I go with them supplying the unit. If I go elsewhere, I could save a few hundred, so about £1,200 total.

Excludes carpet, paint and materials. And storage unit if I go down that route to hold on to my stuff, otherwise I'd be trying to fit a whole room of stuff into an already overcrowded lounge. Innit?!

Bruv says not to worry about carpet and bed (as Carol stated) in the way.

Think I'd best go back into my existing (built in) wardrobes and be a bit harsher about clearing out. I have a pc tower and two old laptops waiting for disposal but I don't feel ready to wipe the disks clean.

Waiting for car boot sales to flog some stuff. A neighbour is willing to go again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 05:00 PM

Well, they came today to dig down and look for any tree roots or drainage problems which might be causing the ballooning wall and cracks to appear.
Only thing is, they only did part of the work. They only looked for roots (which they didn't find). Some bright spark at their offices hadn't entered all of the job onto their worksheet!
After I phoned them and complained, they have now had to rearrange another visit next week to do the work I waited in for them to do today!!
It wasn't the workmens fault, they were nice blokes. It's the office bods who keep so**ing things up. These people have said they are coming, not coming, then coming again. Then didn't arrive on the day planned originally after I'd arranged my day. Then they informed me about the root/drain work would happen today, and lo and behold, they've mucked it up again. These are the firm my Insurance people have sent to deal with it!
Can you believe at the incompetence of these people. Grrr
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 05:17 PM

I can believe it Mups - I've had a week of so called 'customer service' to deal with ........feel for you too x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 07:54 PM

Blimey Mups! It must be getting you down by now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-05-2015, 09:12 PM

I am sick of it Patsy & Jazzi.
One department doesn't seem capable of talking to another, so each one tells me something different.
I can't believe they were supposed to explore two things today and could only do one, because some idiot in the office didn't put the second job on their timesheet.
Oh well, it's costing them more to come out twice.

(Hope you're alright Patsy).
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:32 PM

I feel your frustration Mups ...
Why does it have to be so damned hard to get a decent job done these days.

I watch the programmes like 'Grand Design' and marvel at the craftsmanship and wonder where on earth they manage to find such competent builders when I can never get the simplest of jobs done without a major drama.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-05-2015, 10:38 PM

Ah, but the difference is Meg - they are being televised!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, but the difference is Meg - they are being televised!
That's an idea Mups perhaps you can get on something like 'The Restoration Man' that would get the work done efficiently
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-05-2015, 10:45 PM

Now why didn't I think of that.

Page 12 of 50 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top