Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:23 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Thought politics were excluded, in any form, in this enclave.
it's no longer an enclave - it's just a man/woman cave? and fyi - removing shoes is NOT political it's a social mores OK bit like you waving ya jackhammer around for all the ladies to see!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:23 PM

Rules is rules, no exemptions, that's where chaos comes from.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:25 PM

Rules is rules, no exemptions, that's where chaos comes from.
the rules still stand - but you head has had too much jackhammer shakin man - loosen up and fgs take off ya shoes but you can leave your hat on!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:29 PM

Sorry, advice from a part timer falls on deaf ears, just sign the attendance register.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:31 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-10-2018, 10:33 PM

A controlled spat is Ok, better than an uncontrolled spit.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-10-2018, 10:33 PM

Sorry, advice from a part timer falls on deaf ears, just sign the attendance register.
oeer - that one really hurt!! and you of all people - the advice and support I've given you through the life of this thread !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Attack and defence, the approach of a solo artist.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:39 PM

Yes Sweetie, I’m still not the better of that shock yet, but I’ll get over it.

“Shed your clogs as you cross my door
For your germs may invest my rugs”
“Madam, you already have germs galore
And your dog is crawling with bugs”

Now for something a little more light hearted, prompted by one of Spitty’s recent threads.

“Where do you go to my lovely, when your alone in the crypt”

I believe the “you” bit or the soul if you like never really dies, your body and your lifestyle actually change in front of your eyes as you get older, you get all sorts of ailments until the old shell can take no more, it’s worn out, useless, broken beyond repair, alas finished.
But the real you carries on suspended in space until an available new body comes along, then it’s just floats into that new body for another lifetime, of course you forget all about your old body and all it’s memories, this process goes on and on until the human race becomes extinct. Your new life can be either heaven or hell depending on the luck of where you are “Dropped” and into who’s bosom one falls.
I’m not complaining but I think I was dropped in the wrong century, nay the wrong decade, the 30’s would have been ideal for me, a plastic free world where you used a phone to talk to someone else, things were made to last not to throw away, a man was a man and a woman was a woman, everything nice and simple and no hassle.
I’m hoping me next drop won’t be in this century after what I’ve seen of it so far, I’d prefer the stone age to this mad scramble for survival, have we have finally reached the dog eat dog age?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-10-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes Sweetie, I’m still not the better of that shock yet, but I’ll get over it.

“Shed your clogs as you cross my door
For your germs may invest my rugs”
“Madam, you already have germs galore
And your dog is crawling with bugs”

Now for something a little more light hearted, prompted by one of Spitty’s recent threads.

“Where do you go to my lovely, when your alone in the crypt”

I believe the “you” bit or the soul if you like never really dies, your body and your lifestyle actually change in front of your eyes as you get older, you get all sorts of ailments until the old shell can take no more, it’s worn out, useless, broken beyond repair, alas finished.
But the real you carries on suspended in space until an available new body comes along, then it’s just floats into that new body for another lifetime, of course you forget all about your old body and all it’s memories, this process goes on and on until the human race becomes extinct. Your new life can be either heaven or hell depending on the luck of where you are “Dropped” and into who’s bosom one falls.
I’m not complaining but I think I was dropped in the wrong century, nay the wrong decade, the 30’s would have been ideal for me, a plastic free world where you used a phone to talk to someone else, things were made to last not to throw away, a man was a man and a woman was a woman, everything nice and simple and no hassle.
I’m hoping me next drop won’t be in this century after what I’ve seen of it so far, I’d prefer the stone age to this mad scramble for survival, have we have finally reached the dog eat dog age?
Hmm some deep stuff there Jem - I'd lay down take off ya shoes and have a Bex?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top