Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 05:14 PM

Re: benefits cap for families causing problems of debt

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is something seriously wrong with a system where not working pays more than working.

Everybody should work if they can.

I have no objections at all to a system which brings those who work up to the national average.
Swims, Surely it's the fault of those paying the money out, if it's going to the wrong people?
Or, is it too difficult to police?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Hi

There is something seriously wrong with a system where not working pays more than working.

Everybody should work if they can.

I have no objections at all to a system which brings those who work up to the national average.
Indeed it's wrong but blaming those claiming is mad, it's the employers paying low wages that are to blame.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's not true, what you paid in paid for pensions over the last years not your own. You are asking today's workers youngsters to pay for yours.

I was brought up to feel proud I was helping the older generation to live by providing their pensions, proud I could help those who needed it.

Never that I was just paying for me, of that only person I was responsible for was me.

That we all had to work as a society to pay pensions and for children and those in need.
Those who work all pay into a pension pot, most of which is invested into safe investments. You obviously don't get the same pound out that you paid in, because the money I paid in gave somebody older than me a state pension when they needed it. I get a basic state pension but some people get more because they did not provide for a private pension.
The money I paid into my private pension was for me and my contributions were based on my annual income, to allow me to be paid the correct sum when I retired.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 05:28 PM

No one was talking about private pensions that's entirely yours, it's benefits that we are talking about and there is no pot none what so ever.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 06:01 PM

Hi

I am retired and at the moment not well at all.

I still manage, once a week to spend a few hours with those, who through no fault of their own, are unable to cope with modern life.

They are lovely people, unable to cope with the myriads of forms and assessments.

They want to work and to be independent, in many instances they will never hold down a full time job.

They are genuinely lovely people, I count myself very privileged to be able to help them.

One was so seriously abused he had no trust in people at all, avoided them, stayed in his house.

He now has a full time job as a binman, he loves it.

He still cannot cope with letters, but I can.

He will need support for the rest of his life.

He should get it.

Our Society needs these people, we would not survive without binmen, road sweepers and sewer cleaners.

Very valuable members of our Society, we should respect them. and any others who have the will to work.

I have naff all sympathy for those who can work and choose not to.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 06:06 PM

Excellent post, Swimfeeders.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 06:14 PM

...and another thing...
( I bet you wished I'd not come back now)
Bringing up children should be regarded as a if not the most important job.
Nowadays stay at home mum's are looked down upon and made to feel worthless.
All this childcare allowance business is making things worse. Babies and toddlers being separated from parents and looked after by strangers, when they should be creating bonds. Lots of Mums taking low paid part time work, why not pay them to look after their own kids?
Doesn't make sense.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-04-2017, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
...and another thing...
( I bet you wished I'd not come back now)
Bringing up children should be regarded as a if not the most important job.
Nowadays stay at home mum's are looked down upon and made to feel worthless.
All this childcare allowance business is making things worse. Babies and toddlers being separated from parents and looked after by strangers, when they should be creating bonds. Lots of Mums taking low paid part time work, why not pay them to look after their own kids?
Doesn't make sense.
I'm ecstatic you are back you are talking my language
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-04-2017, 06:19 PM

Hi

I am retired and at the moment not well at all.

I still manage, once a week to spend a few hours with those, who through no fault of their own, are unable to cope with modern life.

They are lovely people, unable to cope with the myriads of forms and assessments.

They want to work and to be independent, in many instances they will never hold down a full time job.

They are genuinely lovely people, I count myself very privileged to be able to help them.

One was so seriously abused he had no trust in people at all, avoided them, stayed in his house.

He now has a full time job as a binman, he loves it.

He still cannot cope with letters, but I can.

He will need support for the rest of his life.

He should get it.

Our Society needs these people, we would not survive without binmen, road sweepers and sewer cleaners.

Very valuable members of our Society, we should respect them. and any others who have the will to work.

I have naff all sympathy for those who can work and choose not to.
All true but sadly many don't get that help. Also persuading employers to take on some people is an up hill struggle. If they won't we have to support them with benefits.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No one was talking about private pensions that's entirely yours, it's benefits that we are talking about and there is no pot none what so ever.
I am glad you know what the government do with the money we pay into our pensions Julie.
The term pension pot is used, in financial groups, to mean the money that is paid into pensions
The money you pay into national insurance is recorded against your NI number... that is how they know how much you have paid in so they can work out what you are entitled to. Some people who have missed a period of paying NI are allowed to pay more to top up their pension.
We pay towards our pension through NI but some people don't pay, yet still get it. It depends what you earn. I have always paid a full NI stamp so I have contributed towards my pension, like many others, but you can't contribute more to increase the amount you receive.
I was a pensions adviser so I think I know what I am talking about.
NI contributions also qualify towards health, disability, unemployment and other benefits too.

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top