Join for free
Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:39 PM

Re: forming a closed group for sharing experiences

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
How can we move onto another thread when we want to discuss our experiences without the usual and same questioning
Exactly - and as we are unable to share our experiences in peace - I won't bother
Every time there is a thread on this subject - its the same old thing, we're imagining it etc etc - just fed up with it, so why bother
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Can't say I blame you when you see what some of us have gone through just admitting we believe in God. I often wonder if I had never been honest what would have happened .......
I can understand your discomfort when some posters disagree with something in which you believe strongly. But I think part of the problem is your inability to ignore such posts if you feel so strongly about it. It's a bit like feeding trolls. I said in a previous post that I know my own principles and beliefs but do not feel the need to explain them to people who don't or won't listen. There have been threads in the past where I felt strongly about something and others strongly disagreed. I don't feel the need to persuade others that I think they are wrong, so just ignore some posts and carry on the conversation with those who do want to listen. Is that not an option for those who want to discuss such things?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:43 PM

Seems sensible to Me to just ignore Folks who disagree with everything You believe in..It's futile to convince Them otherwise,so Why bother?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:46 PM

Very true if only people didn't tell others what they believe though that is what always gets to me. Telling me as a Christian I can't believe in spiritual things like ghosts when the person has no right to do that IMO.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:50 PM

Very true if only people didn't tell others what they believe though that is what always gets to me. Telling me as a Christian I can't believe in spiritual things like ghosts when the person has no right to do that IMO.
Sorry, I don't really understand your post. I don't think you meant this, but it sounds like you saying 'I can talk about my beliefs but I don't want others to reply with theirs'. And as I said, I'm sure that is not what you really mean?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Sorry, I don't really understand your post. I don't think you meant this, but it sounds like you saying 'I can talk about my beliefs but I don't want others to reply with theirs'. And as I said, I'm sure that is not what you really mean?
No not what I meant at all probably how I said it though.

No what I meant was so many people tell others what they should believe instead of asking them what they believe, eg meg has said recently Christians shouldn't believe in ghosts as our God would be angry, she isn't a believer herself so isn't saying what she believes she is telling us what we should believe to be a good Christian. Drives me potty.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 05:09 PM

Wow. Now I'm really confused.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Seems sensible to Me to just ignore Folks who disagree with everything You believe in..It's futile to convince Them otherwise,so Why bother?
That's the point though - we are 'not' trying to convince anyone - just trying to have a conversation on our experiences
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

01-09-2015, 05:21 PM

No what I meant was so many people tell others what they should believe instead of asking them what they believe, eg meg has said recently Christians shouldn't believe in ghosts as our God would be angry, she isn't a believer herself so isn't saying what she believes she is telling us what we should believe to be a good Christian. Drives me potty.
How we interpret things can often drive us potty. Don't let it! It's just another person's opinion, not telling you what you should believe.

That's the point though - we are 'not' trying to convince anyone - just trying to have a conversation on our experiences
I know what you mean, but I think we could end up going round in circles and getting nowhere, as I'd still say just ignore the posts that aren't relevant to your conversation. I'll bow out now.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 05:25 PM

Ok,so just 'skip over' the posts of Those who try to disrupt Your conversation..don't reply or argue with Them..They'll soon get the message.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 05:44 PM

Would you like to point out where I said that Julie please, I think you are misquoting me ...

I think you are referring to the post where in the context of spiritualism I stated that god did not approve of communicating with the dead
See below..
Julie this thread was started because someone wanted to start a closed section about ''paranormal activity , including spiritualism' it was not really about believing in a religion . On the contrary many religions including your own I think frown on trying to communicate with the dead.
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...607#post699607
this is what I understood to be the bible or gods word on necromancy ...
Deuteronomy 18:10-13
or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD

Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top