Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 12:47 PM

Re: Good deeds

A good deed story from yesterday. Our friends have a rental house next door to them. Yesterday some people arrived at the rental house for a 2 month stay, bringing their cat with them. The people are from Bury and apparently the cat gets to go out on a lead when at their home.

A couple of hours after they arrived at the rental house, the wife was busy unpacking and, presumably without thinking, the husband went for a look round outside and didn't shut the door. Yes, you've guessed, when he went back indoors the cat couldn't be found. The rest of the morning and afternoon was spent looking for the cat, with the help of neighbours around the area. (People are very good here). Evidently it is a tabby cat and very placid.

Just before 6 p.m. someone found the cat, picked it up and took it to the owners, who let the person with the cat in. The door was shut, the cat was put down, evidently purring away quite happily. Before there was time for the cat owners to say thank you, the cat they thought they had lost crept out from under a kitchen unit, where it had obviously been all the time.

So, the neighbour who found the "not lost" cat, took it back to where he had picked it up, 10 minutes later it was back at the rental house mewing to be let back in. As fast as they put it out, it simply comes back.

Nobody seems to know whose cat this one is, it's obviously not a ferrel, but for the minute it's made itself at home with the rental people and their own cat. Hopefully someone will claim it because the renters are only here for 2 months.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 12:48 PM

People take the cat on holiday with them?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It looks like an anorexic bee or wasp!
good point
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Rachel, you ought to start a "Guess the Insect" thread in the pets column. I bet someone could identify it for you.
Originally Posted by Nom ->
Sounds like one of the Parasistic wasps. There are over 2000 in Britain

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uk...w=1173&bih=621
Well done that man
http://www.animalphotos.me/insect3/wasp-amb.htm
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Hearty apologies for side-tracking the thread a little
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hearty apologies for side-tracking the thread a little
I enjoyed the little diversion and Nom the Great had the answer. I have lots of strange insects at my place, yesterday I found a bright orange winged insect on my bin, it was only about half and inch long. I wonder if Nom will tell me what that is
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Rachel, you ought to start a "Guess the Insect" thread in the pets column. I bet someone could identify it for you.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I enjoyed the little diversion and Nom the Great had the answer. I have lots of strange insects at my place, yesterday I found a bright orange winged insect on my bin, it was only about half and inch long. I wonder if Nom will tell me what that is
Oooer ... any pics ?

Good idea of Mups'
Maybe we should have an insect identification thread
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 02:04 PM

I found it,it was a cardinal beetle. Mine was more orange than this one.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ticornis02.jpg
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This couple have, they didn't drive either, they flew over with the cat.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes Muddy, our family used to take our cat on holiday!
My mother's boss, Mr Blenkinsop a solicitor used to let us go every year to his holiday home at Seaview, in the Isle of Wight.
Our estranged father who drove a car transporter would give us a lift to Southampton or Portsmouth to get the ferry to Ryde in the IOW.
The cat came with me, my mother and youngest sister in the cab of the lorry, whilst my brother and my other sister travelled in a Triumph Herald car on the top deck!
The cat didn't even go in a box or a cage, one of us carried him on the ferry, then on the little train to Ryde pier.
At Ryde, we caught a bus to Seaview and again one of us would carry the cat! Two weeks later, we did the same journey home!
It's unbelievable isn't it?!

So to keep this post on topic, l will say, that it was my father's good deed to give us a lift!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 08:40 AM

I can't imagine why anyone would wish to take a cat on holiday, it isn't fair on the animal!

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top